ACT Testing FAQs
- How do I apply for accommodations on the ACT?
- ACT Special Testing Dates (2020-2021) - SI ONLY
- National or Special Testing?
- National Testing Dates (2020-2021)
- Important Links and Resources
Please follow the easy 4-step process below to apply for accommodations on the ACT.
REGISTER & APPLY FOR ACCOMMODATIONS:
- Create an account and/or log in to the ACT website
- During the registration process you will be prompted to select National or Special Testing (see below if you are not sure what kind of tester you are)
- After you've completed the registration process, forward your confirmation email to the Learning Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirm with the LC that the request for accommodations will include all accommodations listed on the students' Learning Profile
After steps 1-4 have been completed, the Learning Center will complete the remainder of ACT's application process online. Accommodations decisions usually take 2 to 4 weeks to process
IF YOU ARE ALREADY APPROVED FOR ACCOMMODATIONS:
- Choose a test date and register online
- Forward your confirmation email to the Learning Center and we will "certify" the test date
- Check the SI Special Testing Dates below to secure schedules
- ACT Consent Form is required. Send with signed signature to email@example.com
Special Testing Dates for the 2020 - 2021 School Year:
This schedule is for Timing Codes 6 & 7 only. Timing codes 2, 3, and 5 will schedule their testing directly with the SSD Coordinator.
St. Ignatius Special Testing is NOT available in December 2020 or July 2021.
2020-2021 School Year (all dates are subject to change based on Covid-19 protocols)
September 12, 2020 - CANCELLED
October 24, 2020
|Saturday, October 24, 9:00-3:00||Saturday, October 24, 9:00-1:00 English 70 min (30 min break) Math 90 min||To be individually scheduled|
|Tuesday, October 27, X-period Reading 55 min|
|Thursday, October 29, X-Period Science 55 min|
|Tuesday, November 3, X-Period Writing 60 min|
DECEMBER ACT NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH SPECIAL TESTING -
February 6, 2021
|Saturday, February 6, 9:00-3:00||Saturday, February 6, 9:00-1:00 English 70 min (30 min break) Math 90 min||To be individually scheduled|
|Monday, February 8, 8:00-9:00am Reading 55 min|
|Tuesday, February 9, 1:30 - 2:30 Science 55 min|
|Wednesday, February 10, 8:00-9:00am Writing 60 min|
April 17, 2021
|Saturday, April 17, 9:00-3:00||Saturday, April 17, 9:00-1:00 English 70 min (30 min break) Math 90 min||To be individually scheduled|
|Monday, April 19, 8:00-9:00am Reading 55 min|
|Tuesday, April 20, 1:30 - 2:30 Science 55 min|
|Wednesday, April 21, 8:00-9:00am Writing 60 min|
June 14, 2021 (Monday start date)
|Monday, June 16 9:00-3:00||Monday, June 16, 9:00-1:00 English 70 min (30 min break) Math 90 min||To be individually scheduled|
|Tuesday June 17, 9:00-12:00 Reading 55 min (15 min break), Science 55min|
|Wednesday June 18, Writing 60 min|
- 50% extended time
- Large-block answer sheets
- Large print test booklets
- Any timing code different from standard time or 50% extended time
- Computer for the Writing section only
- 100% extended time
- Multiple day testing
Check your learning profile for the list of accommodations for which you may qualify.