Mandarin at SI
SI offers Mandarin 1, Mandarin 2, Mandarin 2H, Mandarin 3, Mandarin 3H, Mandarin 4 and AP Mandarin Language and Culture. Click here for the course descriptions for all of the Mandarin courses.
Why Study Chinese?
There are some good reasons for studying Chinese. You might think of some others…..
- Learning Chinese can open up a big, new world to you.
- Learning Chinese lets us see the world through fresh eyes.
- Learning Chinese help you build friendships with Chinese people all over the world
- China is playing a major role in world affairs and will continue to do so.
- Opportunities for individuals that are fluent in the Chinese language will only increase
About the Teachers:
Mrs. Leona Pappas joined SI in 2014. She has a Computer Science degree in China, a BA and California Single Subject Teaching Credential in Mandarin at San Francisco State University. Currently she is teaching Mandarin 2, Mandarin 2H and Mandarin 3H.
Mrs. Leona Pappas
Ms. Xiaolin Chang has been teaching Mandarin in colleges and high schools in the San Francisco Bay Area for many years. She joined SI to help with the Mandarin program in 2018-19.
Ms. Xiaolin Chang