Art and Nature Intensive
Instructor: Katie Wolf
Grade Level - 10, 11, 12
Length - One Semester
Type of Course - Elective satisfying one semester of Fine Arts graduation requirement
Prerequisite - Art and Architecture 1A , Studio Art A, Sculpture A and/or approval of instructor
Criteria for Enrollment - None
Length - Friday evening through Sunday evening -- one weekend, plus four evening meetings.
Art and Nature Intensive: Art and Architecture 1B (8W) 
Art and Nature Intensive: Studio Art B(8W) 
Art and Nature Intensive: Sculpture B(8W) 
UC/CSU Subject F Approval
- Three pre-weekend evening meetings will be held.
- One post-weekend evening meeting will be held.
- This class does NOT meet during regular school day. As with other 8th period classes, it does not qualify the student for a study hall.
- No textbook is required, but additional fees will be incurred.
Course Description - A weekend workshop that utilizes a "hands-on" exploration of earth-friendly techniques to demonstrate respect for resources and creative problem-solving. A variety of individual and collaborative assignments will be presented in a manner that challenges the student to experience growth in awareness of the creative process, Nature as master designer, and creating a community of gratitude. A pristine natural environment on the edge of a wilderness area is the setting for the workshop retreat. Aspects will include:
- all weather campsites
- bathroom facilities with hot showers
- nature trails
- a campfire circle gathering area
- personal private meditation sites
- architectural demonstration structures
- a sculpture garden
- meals provided
- workshop materials provided
* This class will be offered pending adequate enrollment.
8˚ This course is offered outside of the 8:00-2:30pm school day.