The following timeline was created to provide a big picture of Junior year. Juniors will meet with their College & Personal/Academic Counselors individually at least once a semester. Counselors will schedule juniors for these meetings throughout the Fall and Spring. Students are welcome to drop in to see their counselors. The Counseling Department will host a parent series with outside speakers on various topics throughout the year.
Note: All specific dates on SI's Counseling Home Page
- Juniors will meet with their Personal/Academic Counselor to discuss course selection for senior year
- Attend College Night at St. Ignatius College Prep (all juniors and parents are invited)
- Begin brainstorming about writing your College Essay
- Begin to complete detailed college research
- Review the Counselor Intake Survey, Teacher Intake Survey, Parent Intake Survey and Resume that will be due on April 30. All are located on Family Connection