The Athletic Advisor works with our Counseling Department and Athletic Department to assist students who seek to pursue collegiate athletics.
The Athletic Advisor's role is to:
- Introduce our student athletes to the NCAA and the NAIA eligibility centers
- Educate student athletes and parents on the recruiting process and their roles in the recruiting process
- Provide support and advice to students, parents, and our coaches as they seek out collegiate opportunities
If you are just beginning the process of discovering the college that best fits your athletic interest, or well into the process of discovering the right fit, it is important to remember that finding the right place takes time, diligence and persistence. As you continue through this process, we will be here to help you and your family along the way. If you would like some assistance in this process, don't hesitate to ask.
The links below are great places to start your pursuit of collegiate athletics:
- Planning Guide: A snapshot of recruiting and things to do and anticipate
- NCAA Clearinghouse: Have you taken the essential courses to grant freshmen eligibility?
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA): A look at the NCAA, its Divisions and recruiting timelines
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA): A snapshot of the NAIA
- NJCAA: An overview of the two-year college
My name is Steve Bluford and I teach in the Physical Education Department and have served as both a head coach and as assistant coach in our athletic department in addition to moderating clubs here on campus. I am passionate about athletics, enthusiastic about the opportunities it could create for our student athletes, and embrace the opportunities they offer. I look forward to getting to know you and your goals and how I might assist you in your collegiate athletic journey. Please contact me if you have any questions.