The Athletic Advisor works with the Counseling and Athletic Department in addition to our coaching staff to assist student athletes with their pursuit of college athletics.
The Role of our College Athletics Advisor is to:
- Educate our student athletes and their families on the recruiting process.
- Help our student athletes and their families understand their roles in the recruiting process.
- Assist our student athletes and College Counselors in developing a list of colleges that are a good fit both academically and athletically.
- Partner with our student athletes and their families with emails, phone calls and college visits, if needed.
- Partner with student athletes in building their athletic profile and college outreach through our recruiting platform.
- Assist our student athletes and families in navigating the NCAA, NAIA and NJCAA website and calendars.
- Market St. Ignatius and St. Ignatius Athletics to collegiate athletic departments and admissions offices, when possible.
- Highlight student athlete performance with relevant coaches or program representatives for the purpose of increasing exposure.
The recruiting process is different for each student and navigating it requires time and patience. By owning the process, hard work, communication and timing collegiate athletics won’t just be a thought it could be your reality. For questions, clarity or contact, whether just beginning or well underway email Mr. Steve Bluford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the NCAA, NAIA and NJCAA take a look at the links below.
NCAA Eligibility Center: Register with the NCAA for Div I and Div II Sports
NCAA - An overview of the NCAA and links to information about NCAA Athletics
NAIA: The sports and schools of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
NJCAA: The National Junior College Athletic Association, an overview of sports, conferences supported by the NJCAA
Our College Athletics Advisor is Steve Bluford, a proud alum, who also serves as the Chair of Physical Education. Coach Blu has served SI in many roles including Head Football Coach, Track & Field assistant coach, BSU moderator and mentor. He is passionate about athletics and welcomes the opportunity to help our students pursue their athletic passions. Please contact him for questions about getting started, athletic profiles and recruiting opportunities.