AP Testing 2022-2023
More information about AP exams can be found here: https://ap.collegeboard.org/.
In order to take an AP exam this May, you MUST complete the following registration steps. Please complete the following steps by Nov. 15, 2022, at 3 p.m. Nov. 15 to March 15 a late fee may be applied.
1. Each student creates an individual College Board Account.
Go to https://myap.collegeboard.org/login.
Create an account or log into your established account.
If you have not created an account, please follow the instructions on how to create a Collegeboard account: How to create a Collegeboard account
DO NOT create another account if you have already created one.
If you are having trouble logging or have forgotten your sign in credentials, please visit the troubleshooting tips section and logging in with your email address update.
Note: some juniors and seniors have already created a College Board account if they: 1) registered for the SAT; 2) took an AP exam last year; or 3) they took the PSAT as a sophomore and accessed their online score report.
2. Once you have created your account you can now join your AP Classroom. Please complete the following instruction on how to join your AP Classroom: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/media/pdf/joining-your-ap-class-section-students.pdf
You can also watch this video for further information here:
3. You must now link the Join Codes to your account for each AP test you plan to take. If you are in an AP class, your AP teacher has provided you with these codes. If you are not in an AP class, please email email@example.com with the AP Exam you would like to take so she can provide you with the "Exam Only" join code.
Note: these are “exam only” tests which means you will not have access to AP Classroom assignments from AP teachers but you will have access to AP Classroom resources.
4. If you are interested in taking an AP exam but are not in an AP class at SI, please email Ms. Hammond.
If you are interested in the following EXAM ONLY tests, please email Ms. Hammond for the join codes.
- AP 2-D Art and Design
- AP CHEM
- AP Computer Science A
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Music Theory
- AP Psychology
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP United States Government and Politics
- AP United States History
- AP Modern World History
At this time, registration on the College Board website DOES NOT INCLUDE payment. After the registration period ends, payments will be processed through the SI Business Office via your SI FACTS account. Charges will include the total for all tests registered and accounts will be itemized as an incidental expense. Relevant Financial Aid discounts will be applied for all charges. If you do not have a FACTS account set up for automatic payments, S.I. Business Office will send you an email about payment.
Each AP exam is $97.
Financial Aid: if you are a part of our Financial Aid program (eg. - Sobrino or Ricci scholars), click this link to see what type of financial assistance you may receive for AP exams: https://www.siprep.org/about-us/offices/financial-assistance-information/new-financial-assistance-discounts.
**Important things to note**
- You must register using your legal name only.
- There may be a late fee for any tests ordered after November 15th, 2022.
- If you cancel an AP exam or do not show up for the test, there is no refund AND there is an additional charge of $40 per canceled exam.
- We will be administering exams in person on paper.
- Students with College Board approved testing accommodations will be supported by the Learning Center on test day. If you have questions please visit the Learning Center.
- Please email Ms. Brenda Hammond firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about AP Exams or the Registration process.
**Please contact Ms. Hammond If**
- You have dropped an AP class and no longer will take the AP exam.
- Dropped the AP class but will take the AP exam.
- Switched sections (example: moved from period one to period two)
- You are a transfer student or are transferring out of SI.
AP Exam test dates
Late testing dates
Late-Testing Reasons: No Additional Fee
- Academic contest/event
- Athletic contest/event
- Conflict with IB or Cambridge exam
- Conflict with nationally, province-, or state-mandated test Disabilities accommodations issue
- Emergency: bomb scare or fire alarm
- Emergency: serious injury, illness, or family tragedy
- High school graduation
- Language lab scheduling conflict
- Religious/holiday observance
- School closing: election, national holiday, or natural disaster Strike/labor conflict
- Student court appearance
- Two AP Exams on the same date at the same time
NOTE: It is important that you speak to your coaches, teachers, parents/guardians and check outside extra curricular activities for any schedule conflicts. Please email email@example.com if you know you will have a scheduling conflict as soon as possible. Any changes made after Nov. 15, 2022, at 3 p.m. may incur a late fee.