Alumni Volunteer Corps
The Alumni Volunteer Corps is a 10-month program which provides recent college graduates who are interested in deepening the spiritual aspect of their life and developing their talents for the greater glory of God, with an opportunity to serve youth and “give back” to their alma mater. Volunteers help SI achieve the mission of the school, and are rewarded through mentoring the next generation of SI students and helping to meet the daily needs of the school.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to rotate through various departments and perform volunteer duties under the supervision of teachers and staff, which may include:
- Monthly Meal Stipend: $500
- Volunteers may reside, incidental and conditioned upon participation in the program, in an apartment or home near Saint Ignatius College Prep, including utilities, basic cable, and internet.
- A choice of either a SF Muni bus pass or small additional stipend for transportation
- School lunches
- Health insurance benefits may be available, depending on need.
- Audrey Gomez '12
- Dylan Angelson (Bellarmine CP '13)
- Gabriel Hens Piazza '09
- Kendall Jack '12
- Lucia Moreno '12
- Jill Murray '12
- Ricca Sarmiento '11
- Gina Pasquali '11
- Philip Loeffler '11
- Claude Donnelly '10 (SICP Chicago)
- Brian McGovern '10
- Katie Marconi '10
- A recent college graduate.
- Must have earned, or be in the process of earning, a degree from an accredited, reputable, four-year college or university. All majors are welcome to apply.
- Fully dedicated to a year of service and intentional community living.
- Interested and willing to deepen their spiritual life.
- Open to working with students, parents, faculty and administrators.
- Possess the desire to be challenged both at work and home.
- Applicant must demonstrate and maintain professionalism befitting a member of the SI faculty.
- Personal Statement/Cover Letter
- Prompt: Why are you a good fit for this program? Be candid. What experience have you acquired since graduating from SI? What have you learned? (500-1000 words max).
- References & Recommendations
- Include at least 2 references that can speak to your qualifications.
- Mail at least 1 letter of recommendation to the address listed in the form.
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities you attended since graduating from SI.
Application linked here: Please follow all instructions in the Google Form.
All materials must be submitted by May 1, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact Kristin Haygood at firstname.lastname@example.org.