Check out new Service Opportunities!
- Transportation Provided (unless otherwise noted)
- Space is limited to 8 students (unless otherwise noted)
- Sign up in the Community Service Office and pick up the required permission slips
Ongoing WEEKLY Service Opportunities
Lessons for LifeVolunteer tutoring music skillsEmail: Sonya Shadan at email@example.com**Transportation not provided; check in with volunteer coordinator for availability
- Hayes/Laguna, 601/624 Laguna St, Email: Jamie Slyter, Engagement Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WoodPark, 3121 Fruitvale Ave, Oakland Email: Kamla Fraser, Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com
- AgeSong University, 350 University St, Email: Chris Black, Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates:Pomeroy Recreation and Rehabilitation Center (PRRC)PRRC schedules volunteer orientations throughout the year. Please inquire about an upcoming orientation and RSVP before attending (email@example.com or 415.213.8507).
Must bring completed TB test (signed by your physician, not more than one year old) and schedule of availability.
Breakthrough accepts applications with various deadlines throughout the year for volunteer opportunities including tutoring and the Volunteer Leadership Committee.
Find more information on their website.
Dates and Details
- Tutoring applications for Fall 2016 have closed. The application to volunteer as a Breakthrough tutor in Spring 2017 will open in December 2016.
- The Volunteer Leadership Program 2017 dates are June 19 to August 4, 2017. Applications will open in Spring 2017.
Corpus Christi Summer Camp
Camp runs the full month of July, and counselor training is in June. Counselors navigate kids ages 5-12 through the following activities: drama, arts & crafts, game room, music & dance, sports.
If anyone is interested in being a summer camp counselor at Corpus Christi this summer, please reach out to Andrea Navas, Camp Director at (415) 279-5147 & firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact the organizer.
SF Bay Area location
180 Grand Ave., Suite 800, Oakland
No formal teaching experience is required, one hour a week commitment
Reading centers are open Mon-Thurs at local schools
Questions? Email: volunteerSF@readingpartners.org
Any questions? Come into the Community Service Office or contact any of our staff!
Ms. Jocelyn A. Sideco
Director of Community Service & Social Justice
Mrs. Meredith Mannion
Community Service & Social Justice Coordinator
415-731-7500 ext. 5102
Mr. Dylan Agelson
Alumni Volunteer Corps. member
415-731-7500 ext. TBA