Swimming Lessons at SI
Swimming lessons at the SI Pool are scheduled and arranged directly through the SI Pool Office.
Group lessons are offered for students who are at least six years old. Private lessons are available for students who are at least three (3) years old and who do not need to wear diapers.
See below for more details, fees, and registration information. If you have any questions, please contact the SI Pool directly:
Pool & Herbst Natatorium
Spring Group Lessons
Saturdays: March 10 - April 21
11:00 am, 11:40 am, 12:20 pm, 1:00 pm
Sundays: March 11 - April 22
9:30 am, 10:10 am, 10:50 am, 11:30 am
Pool Is Closed Saturday, March 31st and Sunday, April 1st and Monday 2nd for the Easter Holiday
Swimmers who have passed level 6 and would like to continue swimming to prepare for the Hammerhead Swim Team or just to swim under a coached workout are welcome. Practices cover 4 competitive strokes that includes feedback from terrific coaches. Coaches will advise when swimmer is ready to move up to the Hammerhead Team.
- Saturday - 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Sunday - 1pm-2pm.
Cost $70 per month, includes Saturday and Sunday 60 min class.
- All registration must be done in person during St. Ignatius Pool office hours: Saturday and/or Sunday 1:00pm until 5:00pm.
- Students must be six years old for group lessons.
- Each class will be 30 minutes in duration / 6 classes per session.
- Class fee (6 classes) is $120. Cash or Checks only, Payable to: St. Ignatius or SI.
- No refunds or make-up classes once the session has begun.
- In the case that class is cancelled for a mechanical reason, refunds for each day will be given.
Pool Office Hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Private and Semi-Private Lessons (30 Minutes)
- Private class fee $40 per 30 minutes
- Semi Private fee $50 per 30 minutes (2 students)
- Classes offered:
- Children must be 5 years old for private lessons, no diapers.
- There is a limited amount of instructors for these classes, group lessons are highly suggested.
- A 48 hour cancel notice is required for Private and Semi Private Lessons to receive full credit. Payment one week in advance is required for the Private / Semi-private lessons.
Fun in the water is the spirit of recreational swimming at the Herbst Natatorium. There is an open pool where people may dive off the one meter and the three meter diving boards, play with friends in the water.
While the staff wants everyone to have fun, the water does hold some danger so children under the age of 8 or less than 44 inches to the chin or who are unable to pass the swim test must be directly supervised in the water by a parent on a one-to-one basis.
The minimum age to swim in the pool is 4 years old.
- Sunday: 2:00pm - 3:00pm Only
Lap swim is available during the hours listed below. Lap swim is for Adults and/or Swim Team members who are 15 years old and older. The number of lanes available vary, depending upon other programs taking place. Swimming is great exercise. The water provides even pressure against all parts of the body and does not stress the joints. For adult swimmers who might want a more organized work out, the Fog City Masters program provides such a structure.
- Saturday: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 12:00pm - 1:30pm
Fees for Recreational and Lap Swim
- $6.00 / Swim
- $70 for 16 swims for adults (Red Card - no expiration date)
- $60 for 16 swims for students and seniors (Yellow Card - no expiration date)
- Fog City Hammerheads - The Hammerhead Youth Swim Club (age group 8 - 18 years old) emphasizes stroke development, endurance training and preparation for the young swimmer.
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
Click here for directions
Diane Davis, Aquatic Director