Athletes in the News
In addition to the students pictured in our annual video Christmas card, you will also find the following individuals, teams and performances, in chronological order:
- SI President Fr. Eddie Reese, S.J. with students.
- The SI Deans' Office with Ms. Katie Kohmann and Deans Mr. Bill Gotch and Ms. Tasia Davis.
- SI Principal Patrick Ruff and Assistant Principal for Academics Ms. Carole Nickolai.
- Scholars of the 6th grade class of the inaugural year of the Fr. Sauer Academy middle school.
- Members of the Black Students Union enjoy a day of ice skating.
- The Mass of the Holy Spirit, the first all-school Mass of the year.
- Students linking hands at the Junior Retreat.
- Leaders of the Wildcat Welcoming Committee for the SI Open House and shadow days.
- The Fall Concert featuring the two SI Orchestras and the SI Jazz Band.
- The Fall Play O Beautiful.
- The Winter Choral Concert.
- SI Art teacher Katie Wolf (left) and SI English teacher and former SI Performing Arts Director Peter Devine '66 (right), with Adam Jacobs '97 (center). Adam is currently playing the title role in the Broadway musical Aladdin in San Francisco. He met with the Fr. Sauer Academy scholars after a performance and returned to SI to see them again and also meet with the high school students.
- The Bruce Mahoney football game at Kezar Stadium attracts crowds up to 8,000 people as seen by the size of the SI student section.
- SI Girls Varsity Volleyball again had an outstanding season with 2nd place finishes in the WCAL and in the elite CCS Open Division. The Wildcats were, at one point in the season, ranked in the Top 10 in the country.
- The SI Varsity Water Polo team made history by capturing the school's first boys' CCS Championship title in the sport.
- SI Boys' and Girls' Basketball early in their seasons played against SI Alumni basketball players during Thanksgiving.
- The first SI athletics team for the new Fr. Sauer Academy starts with the 6th Grade Boys' basketball team's season.
- Over a dozen SI student-athletes this semester sign their NCAA letters of intent to play college sports next academic year.
- The Ignatian Guild Fashion Show "SI Lights: The World is Our Runway."
- SI Government students meet with San Francisco Supervisor Mark Farrell '92 at City Hall.
- During the Napa and Sonoma County fires, SI donated and served food to the first responders at Travis Air Force Base. SI students also raised $4,000 for Cardinal Newman High School which was damaged in the blaze.
- SI students collect boxes of food and cash donations to buy toys for families for the holidays in San Francisco.
- "Pasko," the Filipino-themed Christmas celebration with SI student and faculty and staff dancers.
- SI student-dancers honoring the Dia de los Muertos.
- The Winter Dance Concert "Illuminate."
- An aerial shot of the SI campus finishing with a sunset on the Columbus Piazza.
*Songs with vocals performed by SI Choral Music of the SI Performing Arts Department. Recorded and mixed by Galen Green.
*Additional video footage courtesy of SITV, Kurtela Video Productions, and 49ers Cal-Hi Sports Report
Sports photos by Paul Ghiglieri. Performing Arts photos by Bowerbird Photography.