Social Science and English Language Arts Teacher for Middle School
Minimum Requirements for Teaching Faculty at the Fr. Sauer Academy:
The Fr. Sauer Academy at St. Ignatius is accepting applications for a Social Studies and English Language Arts teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Fr. Sauer Academy seeks to prepare young women and men in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades from under-resourced communities to be successful at St. Ignatius College Preparatory, in higher education, and beyond. In partnership with families, the Academy will provide access to a Catholic, Jesuit education so that scholars may develop their gifts and talents in a loving community for the greater glory of God.
We are looking for educators who share an unwavering commitment to raising student achievement and an appreciation and a respect for Catholic, Jesuit culture, identity, and values. Fr. Sauer Academy teachers are eager for collaboration and continuous feedback as they develop their instructional practice and grow professionally.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- California Teaching Credential or Masters Degree in Education, Social Science, or English
- Commitment to the extended day (8am-5pm) and 11-month school year (mid-August to mid-July) program
- Middle school teaching experience in both Social Studies and English Language Arts preferred
- Demonstrate a deep respect for and commitment to preserving and building upon the legacy of excellence in Catholic, Jesuit education at St. Ignatius
- Have two years urban teaching experience with a proven track-record of high achievement
- Demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative and dynamic professional learning community
- Have experience with data-driven assessments to achieve student academic goals and inform instructional decisions and interventions
- Have experience working with diverse groups of learners and implementing culturally proficient teaching practices
- Foster student curiosity and inspire a love of learning through use of best practices and proven pedagogical techniques in urban education
- Have strong instructional, classroom management, and discipline skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to teach other subject areas as needed in this growing middle school program
- Have experience with effective use of educational technology
St. Ignatius College Prep Mission Statement
St. Ignatius College Preparatory is a Catholic, Jesuit school serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1855. Through a rigorous and integrated program of academic, spiritual, and co-curricular activities, St. Ignatius challenges its students to lead lives of faith, integrity, and compassion. Students are enriched by a diverse and loving Christian community and are called to become life-long learners who develop their individual talents for the greater glory of God. With a commitment to intellectual excellence, leadership, service, and justice, we strive to be men and women for and with others, responding courageously to the opportunities and challenges of our time.
Competitive salary and benefits
Resumes will be accepted through May 15, 2018.
To Apply Click here to submit your cover letter and resume