Faculty/Staff Spiritual Opportunities
- Ministry Mornings: Providing theological reflection on some aspect of our Catholic and Jesuit tradition.
- Faculty/Staff Retreat: Two days at the beginning of the second semester dedicated to spiritual growth and communal bonding.
- Ignatian Evenings: Faculty and staff sign up for an evening on an Ignatian theme. The evening includes a colleague speaker, quiet reflection, contemplation and discussion. We gather for Liturgy with Jesuit community followed by social and dinner.
Voluntary Programs Theology and Spiritual Opportunities
- Arrupe Project: An opportunity to immerse faculty/staff in theological or spiritual themes from the Catholic Ignatian tradition. The structure is input, conversation, social. These are held quarterly.
- Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius: Offered in different forms throughout the year. 8 week, four week, and full 19th annotated. Faculty/staff and parents participate.
- Spiritual Direction and spiritual conversation. Offered on need basis or monthly commitment.
- Sci-Fi fantasy and Spirituality: a fun group that meets once a month to discuss a variety of different types of sci-fi or fantasy "texts" (film, television, novels and graphic novels) and how they can inform, challenge, and nurture our spiritual selves.
- Women’s Retreat: Held at the end of the year. Speaker on a spiritual theme followed. Prayer, conversation and dinner.
- Men’s retreat: Gathering of faculty/staff for prayer, service and dinner.
- Advent/Lenten lunch discussion/reflection: Providing Catholic publications on the season for use in a lunch period gathering. Discussion, reflection and community building. The group gathers once a week for the liturgical season.
- Ad Hoc Gatherings: These gatherings are spontaneous and occur as needed in a variety of situations. They are conversational, and social. An example would be a gathering after a tragic event in the school or a celebration. Adult spirituality provides Pastoral care in these situation.
- “Special Topics”: in 2016-17, we offered a Women’s Listening Circle and offered Lenten Discernment Circles, small group opportunities for prayer, sharing and community building. We look forward to responding to the needs of the faculty and staff as needs emerge.
- Wednesday Meditation: Silent prayer each week after school in Jensen chapel.
- Faculty and Staff liturgies: Preceding annual seasonal dinners.