ACT Testing FAQs
Please follow the easy 4-step process below to apply for accommodations on the ACT. All testers must register online at www.act.org. You can begin this process for the ACT once you have registered for a test date. Plan ahead – it will save you time and money later!
- Have your testing date ready. You will need to know when you would like to test before you can begin.
- During the registration process you will be prompted to select National or Special Testing (see below if you are not sure what kind of tester you are).
- After you register online, you will receive a confirmation email from the ACT that includes an ACT-ID number. You must forward this email to Ms. Marconi. Include your chosen testing date in that email. Accommodation requests cannot be made without this ID Number.*
- In order to complete your accommodation application you must sign this release form. We cannot complete your application until you have signed this form.
- After steps 1-4 have been completed, Ms. Marconi will complete the remainder of ACT's application process online.
*Your ACT-ID number is a number only provided to you once you have registered to test. It is not a reference number and is only identified at any point in time as ACT-ID number. Keep this number for your records.
Accommodations include large-block answer sheets, large print test booklets, or 50% extended time.
Accommodations include, but are not limited to, computer use for essays, 100% extended time, the use of a 4-function calculator on the science section, or audio/reader.
If you don't know for which accommodations you qualify, please email Ms. Marconi.
Short answer: We don't have access to your scores.
Ms. Marconi will mail your test within one business day of you completing it. For example, if you finish on a Wednesday, your test will be mailed on Thursday. If you finish on a Friday, your test will be mailed by Monday.
Please allow at least two weeks for shipping and processing. Keep in mind that it can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 2 months for the ACT to fully process your scores. We will notify you if there are any issues with your test.
If you have any questions about your scores, please contact the ACT directly.
No. The SAT is administered through the CollegeBoard, which is separate from the ACT.
Testing agencies deny accommodations for different reasons. You might receive different accommodations on the ACT versus tests administered through the CollegeBoard.
Ask Ms. Marconi if you have questions about your approved accommodations.
SI administers the ACT to school-based special testers only. The dates below are for your reference.
National Testing Dates
September 9, 2017
October 28, 2017
December 9, 2017
February 10, 2018
April, 14, 2018
June 9, 2018
July 14, 2018
Final Testing Dates for the 2017 - 2018 School Year:
JUNE 2018 TEST DATES:
Due to restricted access to the Learning Center, we are offering very limited testing dates and times to June ACT Special Testers.
Take a look at the schedule (organized by timing code) below:
TIMING CODE 2 (100% ET OVER MULTIPLE DAYS)
June 13, 2018 || 8:00 AM – 12/12:30 PM || English (90 minutes) & Mathematics (120 minutes)
June 14, 2018 || 8:00 AM – 12/12:30 PM || Reading (70 minutes), Science (70 minutes), & Writing (80 minutes)
TIMING CODE 6 (50% ET & COMPUTER)
June 11, 2018 || 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
TIMING CODE 7 (50% ET OVER MULTIPLE DAYS)
June 11, 2018 || 9:00 AM – 12/12:30 PM || English (70 minutes) & Mathematics (90 minutes)
June 12, 2018 || 9:00 AM – 12/12:30 PM || Reading (55 minutes), Science (55 minutes), & Writing (60 minutes)
If these dates/times do not work for your schedule, please choose a testing date in the fall.
Here are the test dates for the 2018 - 2019 School Year: