Upcoming Class Reunions
2nd Annual SI Law Society Luncheon
SI lawyers, judges, and law students will gather for the second annual Law Society Lunch on Friday, Nov. 22 at the City Club. This year's speaker is Assistant United States Attorney with the Department of Justice and former United Nations war-crimes prosecutor Philip Kearney ’76. Our honoree is Appellate Court Justice Hon. Timothy A. Reardon ’59.
Proceeds from this event will benefit the Judge Raymond D. Williamson Scholarship and the newly established Judge William J. Mallen Scholarship.
This event will sell out, so please register soon by clicking here. If you have any questions, please email John Ring.
Robert Enright ’76 to receive SI's Christ the King Award
The 2013 recipient of the Christ the King Award is Robert D. Enright ’76.
The award is presented annually by the Alumni Association and the school to “honor a graduate who has distinguished himself or herself in his or her profession and who best exemplifies the ideal of service to God and fellow man.”
The Christ the King celebration will take place on Sunday, Nov. 24 at SI. For more information, please contact Special Events.
Remember Your Departed Loved Ones on All Souls Day
During the month of November, the Jesuit Community specifically will remember your beloved deceased in their prayers and especially at our daily celebration of the Eucharist. In appreciation for your association with SI and in gratitude for your goodness to us, the Jesuits will offer these Masses and prayers for your loved ones. Your charity and great support of Jesuit education is truly a blessing, and we wish to offer our prayerful thanks in honor of your beloved family and friends.
To let us know whom you wish us to remember at Mass, please fill out the form here.
May all those whom we remember live in the presence of God, whose mercy is from age to age. May God also bless you and all of your loved ones.
Chamber Singers to Perform All Souls Day Liturgy
The SI Chamber Singers in collaboration with the choruses of St. Ignatius Church and USF will present Faure's Requiem to be sung at the All Soul's Liturgy on Saturday, Nov. 2, at St. Ignatius Church (Fulton & Parker) at 5 p.m. At this Eucharistic celebration, we will remember and pray for all of your deceased loved ones.
The Annual Fund Drive is on Now
The 2013-2014 Annual Fund is off to a good start, but we need your help to match last year’s record-setting numbers. If you've donated in the past, please consider renewing your support of the Annual Fund. And if you haven't given before, it's never too late to make a meaningful difference for our students. Your gift to the Annual Fund allows SI to continue to provide today's Ignatians with an outstanding Jesuit education in state-of-the-art facilities. We hope that we can count on your support. To donate today, please click here!
The Peninsula Chapter Reunion is Back
The SI Alumni Peninsula Chapter will gather at Broadway Grill (1400 Broadway Ave. in Burlingame) on Thursday, Nov. 7 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Reconnect with alumni of all ages while enjoying drinks and appetizers. For more details and to register, click here
Admiral Callaghan Society Hosts Veterans' Day Mass
The Admiral Daniel J. Callaghan Society will honor fallen SI veterans and our graduates in the military with a Veteran’s Day Mass on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 9 a.m. Mass will be held in the Orradre Chapel on the St. Ignatius campus followed by hosted coffee and pastries. All are welcome to atttend. Please RSVP by emailing Steve Laveroni at email@example.com
SI Sport Network to Broadcast 2nd Livestream of the Wildcats in Action
Watch SI take on Serra in the second live streaming broadcast of SI Sport Network: Oct. 26, 12:45 p.m. for the pre-game show and 1 p.m. for kick off.
SI in the News
Read more on the stories, below, at our news site:
- SI came out in force to support Your Next Step is the Cure: Jog for Jill and raised more than $8,000 for researching lung cancer treatment.
- Sami Feld '06 ran the Chicago Marathon in honor of Jill Costello '06.
- Watch a video of Patrick Dunne '14 speak at Stanford on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
- Poet & radio host Valerie Ibarra '99 is part of the Litcrawl lineup.
- The Independent Record praised UC Davis running back Gabe Manzanares '10.
- Rev. Robert Fambrini, S.J. '67, was installed as pastor of Most Holy Trinity Church in San Jose.
- Alex Trembath '07 of the Breakthrough Institute argues for scientific innovation to fight climate change.
- Winemaker Roy Cecchetti '75 received a gold medal from Lucca.
- SI lacrosse grads Matt ’13 & Rob Emery ’10 returned to SF for Fall Classic.
- SI triumphed over Riordan at Friday Night Lights 49-7.
- The New York Times featured Tom Stone '75, owner of Sonoma Coast Divers.
- Matt Jones '06 appeared on Parks and Recreation Oct. 10.
- Watch Shelby Miguel '13 sing the National Anthem at the Warriors-Kings basketball game.
- Joseph Koblitz '14 was named an Outstanding Participant in the National Achievement Scholarship Program.
- Congratulations to Kyle Leung '17 on being one of the Peninsula Symphony Guilds' 15 Music Merit Award winners.
- Jerry Brown '55 is set to become state's longest serving governor.
- SI restaurateurs praised by the Chronicle for offering unique tastes of San Francisco.
- The Chronicle featured vintage Rolex dealer Jacek Kozubek '01.
- Event planner and designer Alicia Falango '93 appeared in this month's Celebrate Magazine.
- Twenty SI seniors have been named as commended students in the 2014 National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Listen to Joe Lang '14 on playing football & lacrosse
- San Francisco Classical Voice celebrated SI's instrumental and choral music programs.
- Basketball standout Vince Legarza '08 received the Darrell Hedric Athlete of the Year Award from Miami University of Ohio.
- Ron Lagomarsino '69 is the co executive producer & director of Ravenswood a spinoff of Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family.
- Congrats to Kevin Sullivan '13, MVP for SFGG HS Gold team and player since '07 for joining Cal's Varsity Rugby team.
- The Digital Journal featured Chris DeMartini '94 and his research on concussions.
Finally please let us know what's new in your life by sending an item for the fall Genesis' Keeping in Touch column.