For the first time ever, SI won the:
2019 PCISA High School Silver Double Handed State Championship in San Diego April 13 & 14th!
And, as top High School in the silver fleet SI was awarded the Steve Grove Perpetual Silver PCC trophy!!!
A big thank you to sailors - Evelyn Plam, Carolyne Ikeda, Buster Baylis, Johnny Perkins and Paul Ikeda!!!
What Is St. Ignatius Sailing Team?
The St. Ignatius Sailing Team is a competitive co-ed race team that competes throughout the state of California against high school teams that span the entire West Coast in Pacific Coast Interscholastic Sailing Association and Northern California regattas. We practice on the bay out of the St. Francis Yacht Club, by far the most challenging sailing venue in the United States. Together under the coaching of the St. Francis Yacht club, we practice with, and compete against, six other San Francisco high school sailing teams (Convent/SH, University, Lick, Bay, Urban and International). This allows us to be part of a dynamic and large Bay Area high school sailing community. We are always looking for experienced new sailors to join us!
What Do We Sail?
West coast high school sailing is fleet racing in double-handed dinghies, Flying Junior, or “FJ”.
Are There Opportunities to Join Si's Sailing Team?
YES! Sailing evaluations for both skipper and crew positions are held in mid-August. To participate in evaluations, sailors must have recent/relevant sailing experience. If you are interested in joining the team but lack experience, the St. Francis Yacht Club offers learn to sail courses as well as summer sailing camps open to all junior high school and high school students. There are camp scholarship opportunities as well!!! Please contact coaches or team parents for additional information.
What Are the Benefits of Sailing on the Si Sailing Team Under the Umbrella of the St. Francis Yacht Club?
- Sailing on the most challenging sailing venue in the United States
- Access to world class coaching during regattas and practices
- Supervised use of a fleet of FJ sailboats
- Safety and rescue boats on the water at all times
- Access to the St. Francis Yacht facilities including locker rooms with showers and saunas
- Caitlin Froeb - 2020
- Will Plam - 2020
- Paul Ikeda* - 2020
- Audrey Whitney - 2022
- Nick Nazzall - 2021
- Johnny Perkins - 2021
- Daria Terebilo* - 2020
- Benjamin O’Neill - 2023
- Otto Dreier (LTR) - 2023
* Team Captain
- September 28 - 29: Nor CAL 1 & 2 Results SI 7th Place
- November 2 - 3: Nor CAL 3 & 4 Results SI 2nd Place
- October 12-13: PCISA - Sea Otter, Monterey California Results SI 6th Place
- November 9-10: PCISA - Anteater, Newport Beach, California Results SI 3rd Place
- January 4-5: PCISA - Rose Bowel, Long Beach, California
- February 1-2: Nor CAL 5 & 6, Treasure Island, California
- February 22-23: PCISA - Golden Bear, Treasure Island, California
- March 28-29: PCISA - Nor CAL Divisional Championship, San Francisco
- April 18-19: PCISA - State Silver Fleet Finals, Alameda, California