Good Neighbor Program
While our Sunset District campus is the last of our six campuses since our founding in 1855, we have been here longer than any of our other homes. We started building in the 1960s in the sand dunes, and we opened our doors in 1969. Since then, we have worked to be a good neighbor to those who live near us, and this website is a continuation of those efforts.
Community Health Updates
Upcoming Meetings: New Lighting Proposal for J.B. Murphy Field
- St. Ignatius Neighborhood meeting scheduled for March 18 at 6:00 p.m. has been postponed. We will announce the rescheduled date in the upcoming weeks.
- All neighbors welcome
- See official notice
- San Francisco Planning Commission meeting scheduled for April 23, will most likely be postponed. We are working with SF Planning.
As part of our Good Neighbor Program, we want you to make use of the school's resources:
- Come to a play or musical.
- Follow our sports teams, games, and practices.
- Please check out our calendar of events to see what we’re offering from August through May.
- SI Parent Newsletter
Tell your neighbors about us too!
Ask Us a Question
SI neighbors with questions or concerns about the school are encouraged to reach out. We love to talk about our school and are eager to help our neighbors. We'll do our best to answer promptly but some replies may take longer than others and we thank you for your patience.
If you need to contact us for any reason, please call Director of Security Marybeth McFarland during business hours at 415-419-4599 or call SI Security at any time day or night at 415-624-4285.
Also feel free to contact our Good Neighbor ambassadors:
- Helmut and Jamey Schmidt - live on 39th Avenue and have a daughter at SI.
We will do our best to keep this page up to date with school information.