Good Neighbor Program
While our Sunset District campus is the last of our six campuses since our founding in 1855, we have been here longer than any of our other homes. We started building in the 1960s in the sand dunes, and we opened our doors in 1969. Since then, we have worked to be a good neighbor to those who live near us, and this website is a continuation of those efforts.
As part of our Good Neighbor Program, we want you to make use of the school's resources:
- Come to a play or musical.
- Enjoy watching our boys and girls compete with crosstown rivals or schools from the South Bay.
- Please check out our calendar of events to see what we’re offering from August through May.
Tell your neighbors about us too!
If you need to contact us for any reason, please call Director of Security Marybeth McFarland during business hours at 415-419-4599 or call SI Security at any time day or night at 415-624-4285.
Also feel free to contact our Good Neighbor ambassadors:
- Pete Koch - lives on Rivera Street and his two children are SI grads
- Helmut and Jamey Schmidt - live on 39th Avenue and have a daughter at SI.
If you want regular updates about what’s going on at SI, sign up for our monthly e-newsletter by sending a request to our Director of Communications.