end date: 2023-06-01
THIS IS JESUIT. THIS IS SI.
As part of the Building Our Future Forward Campaign, SI will build a New Learning Commons on the north side of campus: 165,000 square feet of flexible, sustainable space.
The New Learning Commons will be the most ambitious project in SI's history.
Once completed, it will enhance traditional, immersive, project- and technology-based learning, and will be a legacy for generations of Wildcats to come.
We are a community of lifelong learners that has been educating students in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1855. In the Jesuit spirit, we seek to send graduates into the world as men and women with and for others who are concerned about society and the world in which they live. To keep this mission relevant, dynamic, and flexible, we need facilities to match the ambitions and talents of our students and faculty.
Join us today and help build the New Learning Commons!
We expect to have the necessary building permits by the end of 2024. Once funding is in place, construction will begin in phases.
- Phase 1 will include securing permits, demolition and the construction of the Hub, Commons, and Learning Lofts.
- A conservative all-in design, permitting, and construction estimate for this phase is $170 million.
- Phase 2 construction includes the construction of more learning space and features the addition of the Chapel.
- Connects to the northwest side of the Commons.
- The all-in design, permitting and construction estimate for this phase is $30 million.