Orientation Event Resources
- New Athletes: register for your upcoming 2021-2022 seasons. Please go to the link below to register for your 2021-2022 sports programs. Need assistance or have questions? Email Josh Pendleton at email@example.com.
- All Fall Sports: Find Tryout Information here.
- Frosh Football: Tryouts begin Monday, August 9 Read more about requirements, forms, and equipment.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Download our Athletic App onto your phone - (Class of 2025 is on the front page)
Performing Arts Auditions
If you’re Interested in choral music, dance, drama, instrumental music or tech theater, please come learn more at the Performing Arts kick off meeting on Friday, Aug. 20, after school in Bannan Theater. Read more on auditions.
The SI Online Bookstore (Operated by MBS Direct) is now open. Go to https://www.siprep.org/bookstore to place your orders. Please refer to your class schedule when ordering your books. Freshmen will be able to pick up Course Readers at Orientation on Sunday, Aug. 15.
CAT Camp Night @ The SF Giants Game
Members from the classes of 2024 and 2025 are invited to a Night at the SF Giants Game as part of a Cat Camp experience. Let's celebrate the start of school, meet up with long-time friends, and meet some new friends at Oracle Park on Monday, Aug. 16, at 6:45 p.m. when the SF Giants host the New York Mets!
Check -in and Game Details
- 5:45 - 6:45 p.m.: Meet at McCovey Cove for check-in & receive your ticket to the game.
- 6:45 p.m.: Game Time
- Each student should bring some spending money for items in the ballpark.
- SI Employees will be present for check-in and proctoring in our upper-reserved section.
- Families must arrange drop off time & pick up time location
- Student must let SI employee know when they are leaving to get picked up.
- Exact location at McCovey Cove will be sent via email to the registered students/parents.
- The cost of the ticket (approx. $20) will be charged to your FACTS account.
- SIGN-UP HERE BY AUGUST 7
Fall 2021 Final Exams
Finals week is Dec. 13-16. Please do not schedule a vacation during this time or request to take finals during any other time outside this week.
Frosh Orientation Details
Important note: Masks will be required at Orientation events.
Sunday, Aug. 15 - Freshman Orientation Part #1: We’ll start the day with a mass for the freshmen families. Following mass, freshmen will go with their Big Cats for 2.5 hours to take ID pictures, get locks, meet counselors, meet the administration and spend some quality time with their Big Cats. Get more information here.
Thursday, Aug. 19 - Freshmen Orientation Part #2: Your Big Cats have planned a fun day of activities, games and lunch together from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Get more information here.
The 2021-22 school year will see a return to our pre-Covid dress code, specifically:
Students are required to wear collared shirts, button-down or polo shirts are acceptable and must be appropriate length and buttoned across the chest. Students can wear khaki material pants of any color as well as black or white jeans. Students are not allowed to wear blue jeans, stretch pants, yoga pants, leggings, sweats, athletic shorts, and/or distressed (ripped/torn) pants (with the exception of SI Pride or free dress days). Skirts of any color or pattern may be worn with an approved shirt. Dresses may be worn at any time as long as they are modest in their design; they should possess no plunging necklines/backs, and they must have sleeves or be worn with a covering that has sleeves. Skirts/dresses that are too tight or that do not fall to the knee are not acceptable attire for school.
Follow us on Social Media
We encourage you follow us on social media; it’s a great way to stay up to date on all that’s happening around school. Here’s where you can find us:
Instagram (for parents & students)
@lifeatsi (Student life at SI for all classes)
Facebook (for parents, students, and alumni)
YouTube SI Sports Network (SI Athletics and events)
You will also find other events on this channel, including the recent graduation ceremonies from both SI and Fr. Sauer Academy
Tryouts begin Monday, Aug. 9. Read more about requirements, forms, and equipment.
Tech Orientation - Action Required
We want to give the 9th graders a head start with the tech tools they’ll be using in the fall. SI uses a Learning Management System called Canvas to deliver course content and each student should be familiar with this tool. Rising 9th graders are expected to take care of a few items prior to using the technology that is standard to an academic day at SI - steps to complete and actions required are outlined here.
Save the Dates
Jeff Glosser, our Assistant Principal for Student Affairs and the person in charge of F U N at St. Ignatius, has a few “Save the Dates” for you below. He’s planned a first month full of action packed fun!
Sept. 3 & 4 - Friday Night Lights Event + First Saturday Home Football Game: We know this is Labor Day weekend, but all Freshman should plan on attending both the Friday Night Lights event and Saturday’s opening home football game. This will be our first school-wide event post Covid and we expect all of our students to be in attendance for these events. Friday night will be a fun-filled evening with a rally followed by an event with food, drinks, music, open gyms, fields and activities. More details to come later this summer, but please plan on attending the rally and game before making any Labor Day plans.
Saturday, Sept. 11- Home football game + Casino Night/Dance: Our second home football game will be Saturday at 1 p.m. That evening we will host our second annual Casino Night & Dance for all students. More details will be sent in August.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please email Jeff Glosser at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text him at 602-403-0571.
New Bell Schedule for Fall
Be sure to read Principal Levine’s letter to the parent community regarding the daily bell schedule for the fall.
To update your contact information with St. Ignatius, please contact our Academics Office:
Ms. Jeannie Quesada
415-731-7500 ext. 5236
Who to Contact For ...
- Academics - Danielle Devencenzi, email@example.com
- Deans’ Office - Tasia Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org; Carlos Escobar, email@example.com
- Student Activities - Jeff Glosser, firstname.lastname@example.org; Michelle Finn, email@example.com
- Student Spiritual Formation - Chad Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Magis Program/Equity and Inclusion - Maricel Hernandez, email@example.com
- Frosh Tech Orientation - Brian Murphy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics - John Mulkerrins, email@example.com
- Fine Arts - Ted Curry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Office/CYO Transportation - Kathleen McKeon, email@example.com
- Registrar - Jeannie Quesada, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Forms - Katie Kohmann, email@example.com
- Financial Assistance - Sr. Sharon Brannen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology - Jamie Pruden, email@example.com
- Aug. 2 - Frosh Schedules available online
- Aug. 7 - Cat Camp Giants Game signup deadline
- Aug. 9 - Frosh Football Tryouts
- Aug. 15 - Mandatory Parent and Freshman Orientation
- Aug 16 - Dance & Drill Auditions
- Aug. 16 - Cat Camp Giants Game
- Aug. 17 - Tech Orientation Zoom Meeting
- Aug. 19 - Frosh Orientation Part 2
- Aug. 19 - Tech Orientation Zoom Meeting
- Aug. 20 - First Day of School
- Sept. 3 - Friday Night Lights event
- Sept. 4 - First home Football game
- Sept. 6 - Labor Day
- Sept. 9 - Back to School Night
- Sept. 10 - Mass of the Holy Spirit
- Sept. 11 - Football Game & Casino Night