Required for all 8th Grade Applicants
1 - 2 Minute Video, Uploaded to YouTube
Due Date: Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 (by midnight)
Email the YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of email: Applicant's Full Name
In Body of Email: Applicant Name, Current School, YouTube Link
The video should be 1 to 2 minutes long and should be uploaded to YouTube. If you don’t want other people to find it, mark it as unlisted. Do not mark it as private or disallow embedding, or we won’t be able to see it.
At the beginning of the video, please introduce yourself and include the following:
- Your Name
- Your Current School
- A little bit about your family (who you live with - brothers, sisters, pets, etc.)
- Your favorite activity and why
- Your reason for wanting to attend SI
- Tell us anything you want us to know about you. You may talk directly to the Admissions Committee, include a video of you actively participating in an activity/performance/sport and/or include photos of artwork or other significant moments in your life, etc. If you include videos, photos, etc., please make sure to explain what we are viewing.
- You should be the person talking in the video or showing us something about you. It should not be someone else highlighting your achievements/activities or talking about you.
- You have creative ownership of your video. However, this should not be a professional video or a video with special effects. We want to see an authentic you and hear/see what you feel you will bring to the SI community. We do not want a video that has lots of bells and whistles.
Admissions Video Instructions (click here for more details)
If you need assistance, please contact the SI Admissions Office.