Login to create an account or to access an existing application account. You are under no obligation to apply by creating or viewing an application.
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit the Online Application by Nov. 15, 2021, at midnight. Please note there is a $100 application fee.
- Complete and submit the Financial Assistance application (if applicable) by Jan. 31, 2022; see Timeline for application availability.
- Take the Entrance Exam (HSPT) on Dec. 4, 2021, at 8:30 a.m. (if taking the exam at SI).
- Attend your Interview in January/February (via Zoom); see Timeline for more information.
Tuition & Financial Assistance
- Tuition for 2021-2022 school year is $28,455. Find out more about tuition and payment schedules.
- 25% of Students receive Financial Assistance. Find out more about Financial Assistance.
- $14,500 is the Average Grant for Financial Assistance
Our goal is to make St. Ignatius affordable for every family and it is our hope that all qualified students have the opportunity to attend SI.
Things to Remember
- The HSPT Entrance Exam is required for all applicants.
- Interview date and time will be emailed to you by Friday, Jan. 7, 2022.
- The SI Admissions Office will request grades directly from your school.
- The SI Admissions Office will request the confidential recommendation from your school.
- You may download the optional Confidential Clergy Recommendation Form here.
- Instructions for the optional one minute video can be found in your application account.
In general, an 8th grade applicant should have the following qualifications:
- Be progressing in academic subjects commensurate with ability.
- Receive a favorable recommendation from the principal, teacher, or counselor of the school the student now attends. (Note: This recommendation will be solicited by the Admissions Office.)
- Perform well above grade level on standardized tests taken in the seventh and eighth grade at his or her present school.
- Perform well enough on the entrance examination to indicate that he or she is capable of achievement in a rigorous college preparatory course of study.
Student and parents should be committed to the student's active participation in the religious and co-curricular activities of the SI community. This includes a genuine interest in outside of the classroom activities, liturgies, retreats, and community service.
Transfer and International Students
SI welcomes transfer students as space becomes available and only for tenth and eleventh grade; we do not accept students mid-year. The transfer application will be available in April 2022. Transfer applications will require a copy of your first semester report card or transcript for the 2021-2022 school year and a copy of your transcript for the 2020-2021 school year.
We do not accept students directly from outside the United States. It is our policy that all applicants must spend a minimum of one year studying at a school within the United States before applying to SI.
If you need assistance, please contact the SI Admissions Office.