Mission and History
The Fr. Sauer Academy seeks to prepare young women and men from under-resourced communities to be successful in a rigorous learning environment at St. Ignatius College Preparatory, in higher education, and beyond. In partnership with families, the Academy will provide access to a Catholic, Jesuit education so that students may develop their gifts and talents in a loving community for the greater glory of God.
The Fr. Sauer Academy provides students the opportunity to transform their lives and maximize their potential through a well-rounded and quality education based on faith. At the Fr. Sauer Academy, we believe that…
- God is in all things.
- Students are successful when families and educators are a team.
- We are men and women for and with others.
- All students can and will learn to their fullest potential.
- All children are entitled to a safe, empowering and rigorous school environment.
Because our beliefs are best shown to others by our daily actions, Fr. Sauer Academy students and educators are expected to demonstrate the follow actions in their daily living:
Love • Unite • Persist • Serve • Seek • Lead
Upon completion of 8th grade, we expect that our students will:
- Be open to growth, religious, loving, intellectually competent, leaders in collaboration, and committed to doing justice.
- Possess high academic skills that prepare students for high school and college.
- Think critically—demonstrated through reading, writing, problem-solving, speaking and collaborating with others.
- Know the beliefs, traditions, values and Christian behavior informed by the Catholic faith.
- Have a sense of responsibility to respect and serve others and a keen sense of being loved, valued and respected.
- Develop an appreciation of the arts which adds richness and beauty to their lives.
- Understand nutrition and fitness that promotes informed decisions for healthy living.
On October 8, 2016, St. Ignatius College Preparatory President Edward Reese, S.J. announced the creation of the Fr. Anthony P. Sauer, S.J. Academy, a full scholarship middle school program which began in August 2017 with its first class of 6th graders. In June of 2020, the middle school graduated and promoted it’s first class of students. Today, the Academy hosts full 6th, 7th and 8th grade classes. Based on our outreach efforts and word of mouth in the community, the increased number of applicants has created a robust and competitive selection and admission process.