Application for the 2021-2022 school year will be available on October 5, 2020.
Required Documents and Completed Applications for prospective 6th graders for the Academic year are due on April 15.
Please mail applications to:
Fr. Sauer Academy
c/o School Director
2001 37th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94116
- Families who qualify for state or federal financial assistance programs such as Headstart, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and National School Lunch Program.
- Students and parents who wish to be part of the St. Ignatius and Fr. Sauer Academy community in grades 6-12.
- Students who plan to go to college and want to attend a college preparatory middle school and high school.
- Families who will commit to supporting their child’s academic success by providing structure and involvement in their child’s daily curriculum.
- Students who would benefit from a structured environment, intensive academic program (8:00am- 3:00pm) and year-round classes (August–July).
- Students who are willing to work hard, dedicate themselves with a growth mindset and be a positive presence at school.
Fr. Sauer Academy Application Process and Materials Checklist
Important Dates for the Fr. Sauer Academy Application Process:
October 4, 2021–February 14, 2022
Applications can be picked up in person at the Main Entrance Guard’s Desk or can be downloaded here.
January 21, 2022
Priority Application Deadline.
February 14, 2022
Final Application and TADS Submission Deadline
March 15, 2022–March 18, 2022
Parent/Guardian and Student Interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.
March 25, 2022
Notification and Acceptance letters sent to families.
To ensure that your child’s application is considered, please make sure that all of the following application materials are complete and submitted together in person or via mail:
- 2020 Federal Tax Return (Form1040) and 2021 W2 Forms (or 2021 Tax Return)
**If Federal Income taxes were not filed, please submit any of the following documentation of benefits you receive:
- CalWorks (AFDC) (2021)
- Social Security or Foster Care Benefits
- Unemployment/Disability or Retirement Benefits (2021)
- Workers Compensation (2020, 2021)
- Notification for Approval for Free/Reduced Lunch
To complete your application manually, please download the file below and print it out. Please use black or blue pen to fill out each page, then you can bring the finished application to the front desk at St. Ignatius College Preparatory or mail the completed application to:
Fr. Sauer Academy
Attn: Deya Robles
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 941116
To complete your application digitally, please download the file below and save it as [Student_Name_Application.pdf]. You'll need to download Adobe Acrobat (a free application) and open the PDF with that application. You'll then be able to fill out the forms digitally — save your file, and then email it to email@example.com.
The Fr. Sauer Academy requires an application process that includes a student application, a family interview, a teacher recommendation, and a completed TADS Financial Aid Application.
The Fr. Sauer Academy admits students of any race, color, nationality, religion and ethnic origin with all of the rights and privileges to all programs and activities available.
The Fr. Sauer Academy does not discriminate against race, color, nationality, religion or ethnic origin in line with the administration of educational policies, athletic or other programs administered by St. Ignatius College Preparatory.
The application will not be finalized until parents or the previous school provides academic records, and they are examined by the administration of The Fr. Sauer Academy. Given the mission of supporting under-served students, all students must be eligible for admittance based on verified financial need. For this reason, the Fr. Sauer Academy also requires a recent income tax filing (or CalFresh/ CalWorks documentation if taxes are not filed) from each family.