Application for the 2021-2022 school year will be available on October 5, 2020.
Required Documents and Completed Applications for prospective 6th graders for the Academic year are due on April 15.
Please mail applications to:
Fr. Sauer Academy
c/o School Director
2001 37th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94116
- Families who qualify for state or federal financial assistance programs such as Headstart, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and National School Lunch Program.
- Students and parents who wish to be part of the St. Ignatius and Fr. Sauer Academy community in grades 6-12.
- Students who plan to go to college and want to attend a college preparatory middle school and high school.
- Families who will commit to supporting their child’s academic success by providing structure and involvement in their child’s daily curriculum.
- Students who would benefit from a structured environment, intensive academic schedule (8:00am- 3:00pm) and extended year program (August through June).
- Students who are willing to work hard, dedicate themselves with a growth mindset and be a positive presence at school.
Fr. Sauer Academy Application Process and Materials Checklist
Important Dates for the Fr. Sauer Academy Application Process:
Jan. 20, 2023
Priority Application and TADS Submission Deadline.
Feb. 4 and 25, 2023
FSA Placement Exam (9:00am-12:00pm)
Feb. 13, 2023
Final Application and TADS Submission Deadline
March 24, 2023
Parent/Guardian and Student Interviews
March 31, 2023
Notification and Acceptance letters sent to families.
To ensure that your child’s application is considered, please make sure that all of the following application materials are complete and submitted together in person or via mail.
- Application for Admission | Español
- Birth certificate
- Current Immunization Record
- Current Covid-19 Vaccination Record
- Most recent 4th and 5th grade report card
- Most recent standardized test (4th and 5th grade District Assessments are acceptable)
- Recent photo of the student and a recent family photo
- Family Financial Aid Information Form
- 2021 Federal Tax Return (Form1040) and 2022 W2 Forms (or 2022 Tax Return)
**If Federal Income taxes were not filed, please submit any of the following documentation of benefits you receive:
- CalWorks (AFDC) (2022)
- Social Security or Foster Care Benefits
- Unemployment/Disability or Retirement Benefits (2022)
- Workers Compensation 2022)
- Notification for Approval for Free/Reduced Lunch from SFUSD
You can complete this application digitally: Download the file below and save it as [Student_Name_Application.pdf]. You'll need to download Adobe Acrobat (a free application) and open the PDF with that application. You'll then be able to fill out the forms digitally — save your file, and then email it to email@example.com.
You can also print, complete, and bring the finished application to the front desk at St. Ignatius College Preparatory or mail the completed application to:
Fr. Sauer Academy
Attn: Deya Robles
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 941116
The Fr. Sauer Academy requires an application process that includes a student application, a family interview, a teacher recommendation, and a completed TADS Financial Aid Application.
The Fr. Sauer Academy admits students of any race, color, nationality, religion and ethnic origin with all of the rights and privileges to all programs and activities available.
The Fr. Sauer Academy does not discriminate against race, color, nationality, religion or ethnic origin in line with the administration of educational policies, athletic or other programs administered by St. Ignatius College Preparatory.
The application will not be finalized until parents or the previous school provides academic records, and they are examined by the administration of The Fr. Sauer Academy. Given the mission of supporting under-served students, all students must be eligible for admittance based on verified financial need. For this reason, the Fr. Sauer Academy also requires a recent income tax filing (or CalFresh/ CalWorks documentation if taxes are not filed) from each family.