Pool & Herbst Natatorium
We follow the “American Red Cross” Learn to swim courses. Group lessons are offered for students who are at least six years old. Private lessons are available for students who are at least five (5) years old. Evaluations for swim lessons or swim team are available on Saturday or Sunday: 2-3 p.m.
- Cost: $120 for 6 x 30 min classes (six weeks),
- Payment: Checks made out to St. Ignatius or cash. No credit cards accepted.
- Please refrain from having your young swimmers wear a Swim Shirt. These shirts do not keep young swimmers warm, they become very heavy and make it more difficult for the swimmer to lift their arms out of the water.
Winter - Spring 2020 Sunday Classes
Sunday Classes: Jan. 12 - Feb. 16 / March 1 - April 5.
Class times: 9:30, 10:10, 10:50, and 11:30 a.m. (30-minute classes)
Swimmers currently enrolled in weekend classes will have priority registration over new students for the following Sunday session.
Private and Semi-Private Lessons (30 Minutes)
- Private (1 on1) $40/30 min. Semi-Private (for 2 students) $50 / 30 min.
- Class Times: Saturday: 1:30 – 4 p.m. & Sunday, 12 - 4 p.m.
- Children must be five years old for private lessons, no diapers.
- A 48-hour cancellation notice is required to receive full credit and payment one week in advance is requested.
Club & Competitive Swim Teams
Swimmers who have passed the “American Red Cross” Level 6 and would like to continue swimming to prepare for the Hammerhead Cub Swim Team are welcome. Practice covers the four competitive strokes, starts & turns. There are two groups, a more novice group and advanced group.
- Saturday: 1 - 2 p.m. (Barracuda, more difficult)
- Saturday: 2 - 3 p.m. (Piranha, less difficult)
- Sunday: 2 - 3 p.m. (Piranha),
- Sunday: 3 - 4 p.m. (Barracuda)
- The coaches have split the group into two groups and will inform you of your practice time, but it’s fine to attend either time if your schedule doesn’t allow for your assigned time.
- Cost: $70 per month, payable to St. Ignatius at the beginning of each month.
Hammerhead Swim Team
The Hammerhead Swim Team is a year-round competitive swim team offering high-quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The goal is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to international competitor. There are time standards to determine your level.
Public Lap and Recreation Swim
We recommend: SF Recreation & Parks pools, USF Koret Pool, and UCSF pool for alternative lap swimming.
For any questions regarding the swim programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.