SI’s campus has grown and improved since it moved to its 11-acre Sunset District location in 1969. Between 1989 and 2007, the school remodeled every classroom, every athletic facility and all the outdoor areas and added the following major facilities to the campus:
- The McCullough Gymnasium
- The E.L. Wiegand Theatre
- The Herbst Natatorium
- The Columbus Piazza
- The Gellert Counseling Center
- The Br. Douglas Draper, S.J., Student Center
- The Mary Ann and Jack Gibbons Hall of Music
- The Doris Duke Wall Choral Room
- The Jane & James Ryan Family Weight Room
- The Dana Family Batting Center
- The Orradre Chapel & adjacent, newly covered courtyard
- State-of-the-art technology infrastructure woven into each classroom
SI also expanded the campus beyond its borders, adding new playing fields in Pacifica (8.5-acre Fairmont Field) and improving Marchbanks Field in Daly City to accommodate the school’s 66 athletic teams. All of these changes have made SI one of the finest high school facilities on the West Coast.
St. Ignatius College Preparatory is more than just a sum of its parts. We provide a place where students can find community, develop socially, grow spiritually and explore their athletic and after-school options.
"One day if I go to heaven … I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco."