Update Your Password
We require students and faculty to change their passwords twice per year, once around each time change. You should also change your password anytime you like, or anytime that you feel that your account may be compromised.
- Your new password must be at least 14 characters long
- Your new password will not have any additional requirements. You can use all lower case letters, or you can use no lower case letters. All numbers, or no numbers. There are no content restrictions.
- We recommend you use a pass phrase, rather than a word and number combination. "we will win the bruce" will work, is 21 characters, and easy to remember (and hopefully accurate).
- Passwords will need to be changed every 6 months (at the time changes)
- You cannot use the same password for 4 years
Two ways to change your password:
- Click this link to change your password. This option can also be done at home.
- Log in to any of the PCs on campus. Once logged in, hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose "Change a Password..." from the list of options.
Change it SOON!
If your SI Network Password expires, you will not be able to log in to Finalsite (portal), Powerschool, or Canvas until your password is changed. Your Google account will still work during that time. If you try to log in to a computer on campus, you will be prompted to change it before the log in can proceed.
As mentioned above, your Gmail/Google Apps password will not expire if you don't change your SI password in time. But when you change your SI password, your Google password will change as well. So you will need to update the password on the mail app of your iPad, iPhone, Droid...
If you have any questions or concerns, please stop by the Tech Office.