Technology Info for Students
If you are having problems with your computer or iPad, see if your problem is covered in the FAQs or other resources below. We also welcome you to stop by the Tech Office in Room 100.
- Connecting to the Internet on an iPad
- Problems with your iPad?
- Updating your password
- Need help with Google?
Go into the Settings app and tap on Wi-Fi. Choose "SI Wildcats" from the list of networks and enter your username and password. When the certificate pops up, tap "Accept". If prompted to just enter in a password (and not your username), tap the arrow at the far right and then tap "Forget this Network". Then tap on "SI Wildcats" network and enter your username and password.
If your iPad is slow to respond or acting weird you should reset it. Hold down the power button and the home button at the same time. Keep holding both buttons until the screen turns black and then the apple logo appears. Mostly likely your problem is solved (the equilivant of restarting a computer) but if not, please see a member of the Tech department for help.
To change your password (which will change ALL your passwords, including SI Gmail, portal access, PowerSchool, etc), either:
- Log in to any of the PCs on campus. Once logged in, hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose "Change a Password..." from the list of options.
- Click this link from your iPad, laptop, desktop, smartphone, or any of the Macs or PCs on campus: https://www2.siprep.org/iisadmpwd/aexp2b.asp (this option can also be done at home)
- Your new password must be at least 14 characters long (previously 8)
- Your new password will not have any additional requirements. You can use all lower case letters, or you can use no lower case letters. All numbers, or no numbers. There are no restrictions.
- We strongly recommend you use a pass phrase, rather than a word and number combination. "I adore bieber" will work, is 14 characters, and easy to remember. "P@s$w0rd" is shorter, but is harder to remember and is actually easier to crack by several factors of 10.
- Passwords will need to be changed every 6 months (previously every 4 months)
- You cannot use the same password for 4 years (same as before)