Safe Return Student Protocols
We are excited to begin welcoming back our students. This communication is meant to provide important information regarding details of our Safe Return Plan. This information covers many different aspects of our students’ activity throughout the day including entrance, egress, movement around the school, lunch time, and covid reporting.
Before Leaving Home
- Please take precaution when traveling outside of the Bay Area. Furthermore, students who travel outside of the state must quarantine for 14 days before returning to their in-person learning cohort and/or school related co-curricular activities.
- Make sure you have filled out the risk acknowledgement waiver sent from HelloSign. (one time only)
- Please perform a self-health screening at home each day. An inclusive list of symptoms of COVID-19 can be found here: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- If there is any doubt please err on the side of caution and stay home for the safety of our community.
- In your backpacks, include your books, notebooks, pens, pencils, tablet/laptop, charger, headphones, water bottle, snacks, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer and an extra layer of clothing. Finally, take the time to complete SI’s pre-screening form. If the student declares to be free of symptoms, they will be sent an email with a copy of their responses and a time stamp to be used as their ticket onto campus.
- All students must wear appropriate masks that fit well and cover the nose and chin. If a student forgets a mask, a disposable mask will be given to them. Students are welcome to wear clothing per our SI Pride free dress guidelines. Specific information can be found in our Student/Parent Handbook.
- Starting the week of Nov. 30, the school building will open at 8 a.m. on Mondays and Thursdays and at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- We will continue our Distance Learning Schedule outlined in our Safe Return Plan for the duration of this semester. On Monday and Thursday, 1st period starts at 9:00 AM. On Tuesday and Friday, 5th period starts at 10:25 AM.
- Students will need to be dropped off in their designated locations:
- Freshman / Sophomores - Orradre Courtyard Gates and Ernest and Jenny Go entrance
- Juniors / Seniors - Cowell Foyer and Ernest and Jenny Go entrance.
- Students will show their prescreen form receipt to school personnel and will then proceed to designated swing spaces or to their 1st or 5th period classroom. If a student has a resource period for the first period of the day, they are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to their first class and will enter campus through the main entrance.
- For North Bay and Peninsula families, here is information regarding CYO transportation.
Movement around campus
- Please follow the signage posted around campus regarding the flow of traffic in the buildings. In order to minimize close contacts and facilitate distancing, there are designated up and down stairwells. The blue side / low side will be designated up. The red side / high side will be designated down. Thank you for helping us by maintaining social distance at all times and not gathering in the hallways.
- Respect capacity posted outside of bathrooms. If above capacity, please wait outside the room on posted marks on the floor.
- Students will not have access to lockers or locker rooms. Please, plan your attire appropriately for your day's activities.
- Students will be assigned designated spaces for their resource period.
- Freshmen / Sophomores - Commons and Orradre Courtyard.
- Juniors /Seniors - Library, Student Center, and Piazza.
- If your teacher is teaching remotely you will be expected to attend from a designated classroom. Exception: If you are a freshman or sophomore in an upper level course with juniors and seniors, you will report to the library for that class during the first semester.
- If you have a resource period during 4th or 7th period you are encouraged to leave campus and return home.
- At the end of the day, all students will be asked to leave campus, unless part of school sponsored activity taking place on that day.
- Students will need to bring snacks and drinks they desire for the day. There will be a hot lunch option with items for sale including a main dish, cookie and milk. Students are welcome to eat in their 3rd or 6th period classrooms or in a designated outdoor area. Students are expected to limit conversation and maintain social distancing while eating. Once an intentional cleanup process has been completed and masks on, students may socialize while maintaining social distance. Please note we are unable to accommodate any food allergies at this time.
- The daily hot lunch special for $7.50 includes hot lunch, 2% milk & Commons Cookie. Order form must be submitted by Friday at noon for lunch the following week. Your MySchoolBucks account will be charged after your student picks up lunch.
- Order now for the week of Nov. 30 only - Frosh & Soph cohort A.
- If you don't have an account or need to add funds, go to www.myschoolbucks.com or download the mobile app and click on "Sign up today" to get started. You will be prompted to select a state; then under "select district" you will see St. Ignatius in the dropdown menu. After you have created your account, you can search for your student by name and birthdate or by their student ID number. Please note that the AutoPay feature is currently unavailable. SI website link to more info on MySchoolBucks.
- Families must notify the school immediately if they have a student who is confirmed or suspected case or is a confirmed close contact, defined as follows:
- If the student has tested positive for COVID-19
- If the student is being tested for COVID-19 due to symptoms
- If the student is identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (within six feet for 15 minutes, regardless of face coverings).
- Please notify us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Upon receipt, you will receive communication from designated school personnel who will work closely with the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
Thank you for your help and attention to our protocols. If students have any questions for us please stop by our office on the first floor. We are here for you!
Mr. Carlos Escobar & Dr. Tasia Davis