Safe Return Student Protocols
We are excited to begin welcoming back our students. This communication is meant to provide important information regarding details of our Safe Return Plan. This information covers many different aspects of our students’ activity throughout the day including entrance, egress, movement around the school, lunch time, and covid reporting.
Before Leaving Home
- Make sure you have filled out the risk acknowledgement waiver sent from HelloSign. (one time only)
- Please perform a self-health screening at home each day. An inclusive list of symptoms of COVID-19 can be found here: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- If there is any doubt please err on the side of caution and stay home for the safety of our community.
- In your backpacks, include your books, notebooks, pens, pencils, tablet/laptop, charger, headphones, water bottle, snacks, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer and an extra layer of clothing. Finally, take the time to complete SI’s pre-screening form. If the student declares to be free of symptoms, they will be sent an email with a copy of their responses and a time stamp to be used as their ticket onto campus.
- All students must wear appropriate masks that fit well and cover the nose and chin. If a student forgets a mask or is wearing a mask that does not fit properly, a disposable mask will be given to them. Students are welcome to wear clothing per our SI Pride free dress guidelines. Specific information can be found in this dress code summary. If you choose to not wear SI pride you are welcome to follow our regular dress code. Repeat dress code violations will result in detention.
- Starting the week of Nov. 30, the school building will open at 8 a.m. on Mondays and Thursdays and at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- We will be using this Hybrid Schedule beginning Jan. 11. It provides for a lunch space for Freshmen and Sophomores and a separate lunch space for Juniors and Seniors. Start time and end times will be the same as last semester.
- Students will need to be dropped off in their designated locations:
- Freshman / Sophomores - Orradre Courtyard Gates and Ernest and Jenny Go entrance
- Juniors / Seniors - Cowell Foyer and Ernest and Jenny Go entrance.
- Students will show their prescreen form receipt to school personnel and will then proceed to designated swing spaces or to their 1st or 5th period classroom. If a student has a resource period for the first period of the day, they are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to their first class and will enter campus through the main entrance.
- For North Bay and Peninsula families, here is information regarding CYO transportation.
Movement around campus
- Please follow the signage posted around campus regarding the flow of traffic in the buildings. In order to minimize close contacts and facilitate distancing, there are designated up and down stairwells. The blue side / low side will be designated up. The red side / high side will be designated down. Thank you for helping us by maintaining social distance at all times and not gathering in the hallways.
- Respect capacity posted outside of bathrooms. If above capacity, please wait outside the room on posted marks on the floor.
- Students will not have access to lockers or locker rooms. Please, plan your attire appropriately for your day's activities.
- If your teacher is teaching remotely you will be expected to attend from a designated classroom.
- If you have a resource period during 4th or 7th period you are encouraged to leave campus and return home.
- At the end of the day, all students will be asked to leave campus, unless part of school sponsored activity taking place on that day.
- Students will need to bring snacks and drinks they desire for the day. There will be a hot lunch option with items for sale including a main dish, cookie and milk. Students are welcome to eat in their 3rd or 6th period classrooms or in a designated outdoor area. Students are expected to limit conversation and maintain social distancing while eating. Once an intentional cleanup process has been completed and masks on, students may socialize while maintaining social distance. Please note we are unable to accommodate any food allergies at this time.
- See the lunch page for ordering and more information about the lunch program.
- Families must notify the school immediately if they have a student who is confirmed or suspected case or is a confirmed close contact, defined as follows:
- If the student has tested positive for COVID-19
- If the student is being tested for COVID-19 due to symptoms
- If the student is identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (within six feet for 15 minutes, regardless of face coverings).
- Please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, you will receive communication from designated school personnel who will work closely with the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
Thank you for your help and attention to our protocols. If students have any questions for us please stop by our office on the first floor. We are here for you!
Mr. Carlos Escobar & Dr. Tasia Davis