Cura Community Day: Wednesday, October 10, 2018
The Society of Jesus asks us to become "contemplatives in action." It all starts with listening to the still, small voice that tells us we are loved just the way we are, that tells us we are all part of the same holy family, and that inspires us to become fully alive and respond to the call we all receive.
Student retreats, with active student participation at all grade levels, are the heart of S.I.'s Campus Ministry program. For Frosh and Sophomores, participation is mandatory, while Juniors and Seniors are given strong encouragement to attend through exemptions from classes and teacher cooperation on missed assignments. Because the school believes so strongly in the value of these retreats, there is no additional cost to the students or their parents. We believe this is one of the things that makes S.I. unique, as it helps build a strong sense of community.
At S.I. we challenge our students to grow in personal and spiritual leadership which requires the development of a strong interior life -- an honest, open approach to self examination and the sharing of one's values and feelings with others. The Cura Community Day of Reflection is held on campus and consists group sharing and community building activities led by Cura Adult Leaders.
Dear Parents and Freshmen
As part of our robust retreat programming at St. Ignatius we will be having Cura Community Day on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 from 8:20am – 12:00pm as part of our overall retreat program for each class year. This is a mandatory day for all freshmen. This experience is an opportunity for reflection, discussion and community building for the freshmen and their Cura Formation Groups.
Information for the day:
- Students will report to McCullough gym at 8:20 am.
- Students should bring a water bottle and eat a substantial breakfast, as lunch will not be provided. There will be a small snack during the morning break.
- The 2nd and 3rd floors of school will be off limits due to PSAT testing – students should bring books needed home on Tuesday.
- Attire: This will be a Red & Blue day for the freshmen. There will be a lot of moving around and sitting on the ground so we ask that all students wear pants. Jeans are allowed.
- The early buses to the Peninsula and Marin will leave at 1:00. The late buses will leave at 6:00.
- Students will NOT need any supplies, iPads, etc. They can leave everything at home.
Cura groups will not meet any other time this week.