The office of Adult Spirituality will provide Jesuit, lay faculty/staff, and parents with opportunities for spiritual growth in order to serve as fully as possible, according to their call and gifts.
The mission of the Office of Adult Spirituality is:
- Minister to the adult community supporting their work and spiritual journey.
- Provide ongoing formation in Ignatian spirituality in order to facilitate ownership of the Ignatian vision both personally and professionally.
- Support and form Ignatian partners. “Ignatian partners may be described as those men and women who are central to the mission of a Jesuit work and exercise animator leadership within the particular ministry. They also have internalized the Ignatian charism, and have an ever deepening desire for and appreciation of the graces of the Spiritual Exercises. Further, these partners share responsibility for the work of their ministry and see their efforts as a vocation called forth by God.” (Preliminary Report of the Partnership Commission to the Jesuit Conference Board, 2006 p. 2).
- Provide opportunities to:
- internalize the Ignatian charism.
- have an ever-deepening desire and appreciation of the graces of the Spiritual Exercises.
- share responsibility for the work of education and see their efforts as a vocation called forth by God. (Responding to the Call of Christ: Provincials Letter, 2008 p. 27).