In order to better serve our community and improve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at SI, we are making adjustments to our current Magis Center for Equity and Inclusion and the overall DEIB organizational structure at the school.
- The Magis Center for Equity and Inclusion will reopen in the same place under a new name: the Office of Belonging, Equity, and Excellence. This space will continue to be the hub that serves all members of the St. Ignatius community – partnering with all offices and departments, helping to guide the community on issues of equity and inclusion, building capacity for cultural competency, and striving to build a culture where all feel accepted, safe, empowered, supported, and affirmed. It will also continue to be the hub for the Magis Program.
- Maricel Hernandez will continue to direct the Magis Program and work to champion the school’s efforts to foster a learning environment where students, faculty, staff, and families feel a genuine sense of belonging. She will have a new title of Director of Community Formation and Belonging.
- In August 2022, we will introduce a new Director of Culture and Belonging, whose office will be adjacent to Ms. Hernandez's in the Office of Belonging, Equity, and Excellence.
- In July, Dean of Students Dr. Tasia Davis will transition to a new role with the title of Assistant Principal for Community Formation and Culture. She will work closely with Ms. Hernandez in improving all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at SI.
- The DEIB Parent Committee will form in August. Many thanks to the parent affinity groups who selected their DEIB Liaisons for this new committee. We are eager to collaborate with you in the upcoming school year.