St. Ignatius College Preparatory is more than merely a high school. It is a community of lifelong learners that has served students in the San Francisco Bay Area for 160 years. We are also part of a tradition of Catholic, Jesuit education spanning five centuries and six continents.
Our roots, wide and deep, help our students grow into men and women committed to faith & justice, leadership & service, academic excellence & compassion.
We invite you to see for yourself the difference an SI education can make.
Today our prime educational objective must be to form men and women for others... people who cannot even conceive of love of God which does not include love for the least of their neighbors; people convinced that love of God which does not issue in justice for human beings is a farce....
— Rev. Pedro Arrupe, S.J., former Superior General of the Society of Jesus
Since 1855 SI’s student and graduates have worked to make a world a better place. Our grads include …
- John Montgomery (1879): First person in the Western Hemisphere to fly in a glider.
- Adm. Daniel Callaghan (1907): Received the Medal of Honor posthumously in World War II.
- Jerry Brown ’55: California Governor.
- Dr. Peter Raven ’53: Named Hero of the Planet by Time Magazine.
- Paul Otellini ’68: Former President of Intel