Overview of the Application Process
Applications for financial assistance for the 2018-2019 academic year become available on October 16, 2017. The application and all supporting materials for new students is due on February 5th, 2018. Returning student financial assistance applications are due on March 5th, 2018.
We partner with TADS in our financial assistance assessment. To begin your application, you will complete the TADS online application.
The application is a comprehensive process that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the application. We also recommend that you review the materials that St. Ignatius has put together to help families with the financial assistance process.
We will communicate our financial aid decision to you. To make our decision, we use the information from the TADS process as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, available budget and other special circumstances noted in your application.
- Applications for financial assistance will be available on the TADS website beginning on October 16, 2017. Review the TADS worksheets and begin to gather necessary documents. For your reference, here are the worksheets from last year:
- Create your TADS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to TADS as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin an application for the Academic Year 2018-19. You can log out of the application at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $27 is nonrefundable. Once your application is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the TADS system.
- About 24 hours after you pay for and submit your application, you’ll have access to a section called “Manage Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
- Due dates for completing the application: New students: Monday, February 5, 2018. Returning students: Monday, March 5, 2018
If you need help completing the application contact TADS customer service at (800) 477-8237 or email: email@example.com
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. They can be saved in any of the following file formats: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe pdf, .jpg, .gif, or .tif.
Remove any security or password protection from your pdfs.
- Return to the TADS application and login.
- Select the Academic Year 2018-19 button.
- From your TADS online Dashboard, click on the “Manage Documents” tab.
- On the Required Documents page, under “Upload Documents,” click “Browse,” then locate the place the document is located on your computer.
- Click “Upload Documents.” Once you have uploaded a document, it will NOT appear immediately in the “Received Documents” section on this page. It can take up to 48 hours for it to be received and then validated.
- Due date for submitting additional required documents: New students: Monday, February 5, 2018. Returning students: Monday, March 5, 2018
Documents we may require you to submit, in addition to the TADS online application:
- 2016 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ
- 2017 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ
- 2016 W2 Form
- 2017 W2 Form
- Schedule C
- SSS Business/Farm Statement
- 1099 Form
- Letter of Special Circumstance
Here is the key information you need to know about our school as you complete the TADS application:
- Our school’s ID code: AF055750000
- Contact information for our Financial Assistance Program Office: Theresa Bayze, 415-731-7500 ext 449 or email: FinancialAssistance@siprep.org
- Due date for completing the application: Friday, February 13, 2015