Pool & Herbst Natatorium
Fall Youth Swim Lessons - Beginning September 14
||Sept 14 - Oct 19
||11:00 AM / 11:45 AM / 12:30 PM / 1:00 PM
||Sept 15 - Oct 20
||9:30 AM / 10:15 AM / 11:00 AM / 11:30 AM
||Nov 2 - Dec 7
||Registration Begins Oct 19
||Nov 3 - Dec 8
||Registration Begins Oct 20
Registration: Registration is during pool office hours.
- Students must be six years old for group lessons.
- Each class will be 30 minutes in duration / 6 classes per session.
- Classes are held: Saturday or Sunday mornings
- Class fee is $95. Cash or Checks only: Payable to: St. Ignatius.
- No refunds or make-up classes once the session has begun. In the case that class is cancelled for a mechanical reason, refunds for each day will be given.
Pool Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
NOTE: Pool will be closed from August 5-11
Private and Semi-Private Lessons (30 Minutes)
- Private Class fee $30 / Semi Private fee $40 (for 2 students).
- Classes offered on weekends only.
- Children must be four years old for private lessons, no diapers.
- Classes offered: Saturday from 3:00 - 6:00 pm and Sunday form 1:00 to 5:00 pm only.
- 48 hour cancel notice is required for full credit. Payment in advance is needed for the Private / Semi-private lesson.
Fun in the water is the spirit of recreational swimming at the Herbst Natatorium. There is an open pool where people may dive off the one meter and the three meter diving boards, play with friends in the water.
While the staff wants everyone to have fun, the water does hold some danger so children under the age of 8 or less than 44 inches to the chin or who are unable to pass the swim test must be directly supervised in the water by a parent on a one-to-one basis.
- Saturday: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Lap swim is available during the hours listed below. Lap swim is for Adults and/or Swim Team members who are 15 years old and older. The number of lanes available vary, depending upon other programs taking place. Swimming is great exercise. The water provides even pressure against all parts of the body and does not stress the joints. For adult swimmers who might want a more organized work out, the Fog City Masters program provides such a structure.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday Mornings: 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Monday - Thursday: 12:00 - 1:30 PM
- Saturday: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Fees for Recreational and Lap Swim
- $5.00 / Swim
- $60.00 for 15 swims for adults (Red Card - no expiration date)
- $50.00 for 15 swims for students and seniors (Yellow Card - no expiration date)
- Fog City Hammerheads - The Hammerhead Youth Swim Club (age group 8 - 18 years old) emphasizes stroke development, endurance training and preparation for the young swimmer.
- Fog City Masters - The adult swim program invites all levels of swimmers (must be at least 19 years old).
Masters Practice Schedule:
M-W-F Mornings: 5:30am - 7:00am
M-W-F Evenings: 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Sunday morning: 7:30am - 8:45am
Cost: $6 drop in fee. Monthly fees $50 / Student fee $40 per month.
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
Click here for directions
Diane Davis, Aquatic Director