Pool & Herbst Natatorium
Youth Swim Lessons
|Session 1||June 16 - June 26||9:30am / 10:15am / 10:50am / 11:25am|
1:45pm / 2:30pm / 3:15pm / 4:00pm /4:30pm
|Session 2||June 30 - July 10||Same as above (Classes are held on July 4)|
|Session 3||July 14 - July 24||Same as above|
|Session 4||July 28 - July 31||Same as above (one week class: $50)|
|Sunday Classes||June 23 - July 28||10:00am / 10:45am / 11:00am|
40 minute classes, no beginners
Summer Registration: Registration begins on Saturday, April 26th, 2014, for all new and returning students. Priority registration for all returning students is from 11am until 1pm both days. All registration must be done in person during St. Ignatius Pool office hours (Sat and Sun 12 noon until 5pm, Weekdays 11:30 until 7pm, closed Friday). You may register for three sessions in advance.
- Students must be six years old for group lessons.
- Each class will be 30 minutes in duration / 8 classes per session.
- Classes are held: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, for two weeks (8 classes)
- Class fee is $100. Cash or Checks only: Payable to: St. Ignatius.
- No refunds or make-up classes once the session has begun. In the case that class is cancelled for a mechanical reason, refunds for each day will be given.
Pool Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Private and Semi-Private Lessons (30 Minutes)
- Private Class fee $30 / Semi Private fee $40 (for 2 students).
- Classes offered on weekdays (Monday - Thursday, 11:45am - 1:30pm) and Saturday & Sunday afternoons.
- Children must be three years old for private lessons, no diapers.
- 48 hour cancel notice is required for full credit. Payment in advance is needed for the Private / Semi-private lesson.
Fun in the water is the spirit of recreational swimming at the Herbst Natatorium. There is an open pool where people may dive off the one meter and the three meter diving boards, play with friends in the water.
While the staff wants everyone to have fun, the water does hold some danger so children under the age of 8 or less than 44 inches to the chin or who are unable to pass the swim test must be directly supervised in the water by a parent on a one-to-one basis.
- Saturday: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Weekday and Weekend Recreation Hours: June 16 - July 31
- Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- Saturday: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- Sunday: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Lap swim is available during the hours listed below. Lap swim is for Adults and/or Swim Team members who are 15 years old and older. The number of lanes available vary, depending upon other programs taking place. Swimming is great exercise. The water provides even pressure against all parts of the body and does not stress the joints. For adult swimmers who might want a more organized work out, the Fog City Masters program provides such a structure.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday Mornings: 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Monday - Thursday: 12:00 - 1:30 PM (3 lanes only)
- Saturday: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Fees for Recreational and Lap Swim
- $5.00 / Swim
- $60.00 for 15 swims for adults (Red Card - no expiration date)
- $50.00 for 15 swims for students and seniors (Yellow Card - no expiration date)
Fall Registration begins on July 31.
Pool will be closed from August 4-10 for maintenance.
- Fog City Hammerheads - The Hammerhead Youth Swim Club (age group 8 - 18 years old) emphasizes stroke development, endurance training and preparation for the young swimmer.
- Fog City Masters - The adult swim program invites all levels of swimmers (must be at least 19 years old).
Masters Practice Schedule:
M-W-F Mornings: 5:30am - 7:00am
M-W Evenings: 7:15pm - 8:15pm
Friday Evenings: 7:15pm - 8:15pm
Sunday morning: 7:15am - 8:30am
Cost: $8 drop in fee. Monthly fees $50 / Student fee $40 per month.
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
Click here for directions
Diane Davis, Aquatic Director