Pool & Herbst Natatorium
Summer Group Lessons
9:30am / 10:10am / 10:50am / 11:30am
1:40pm / 2:20pm / 3:00pm / 3:45pm / 4:30pm
June 12th – June 22nd
June 26th – July 7th
Note: July 4th Pool Closed / Classes run MWTHF
July 10th – July 20st
July 24th – July 27th
(One week $60)
June 18th – July 23rd
Times: 9:30am / 10:20am / 11:15am - 40 min class, no beginners
- Stop by the Pool Office to Register for Summer Classes: MTWTH 12-5pm and Saturday and/or Sunday 12pm - 5pm. Closed Friday.
- For Sunday Classes, Registration will be May 14th (after 12pm for new students).
- Students must be six years old for group lessons.
- Each class will be 30 minutes in duration / 8 classes per session.
- Classes are held: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, for two weeks (8 classes). July 4th exception see above.
- Class fee (8 classes) is $120. Cash or Checks only, Payable to: St. Ignatius or SI.
- You may attend one week of the scheduled two week Session for $60 per week.
- No refunds or make-up classes once the session has begun. In the case that class is cancelled for a mechanical reason, refunds for each day will be given.
- Locker Room Remodel: Locker Rooms will be closed for a portion of the summer. There will be NO SHOWERS AVAILABLE during the remodel. There will be a changing area provided in the Boys and/or Girls Bathroom. Bring an extra towel or Jacket for your swimmer to stay warm after their lesson. Do not leave bags in the bathrooms, there will be room on the pool deck. Thank you.
- Fall Registration begins July 27th
- Pool Closed from July 31st – August 7th for maintenance.
Pool Office Hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Private and Semi-Private Lessons (30 Minutes)
- Private class fee $40 per 30 minutes / Semi Private fee $50 per 30 minutes
- Classes offered:
- Children must be four years old for private lessons, no diapers.
- There is a limited amount of instructors for these classes, group lessons are highly suggested.
- 48 hour cancel notice is required for full credit. Payment in advance is needed for the Private / Semi-private lesson.
Fun in the water is the spirit of recreational swimming at the Herbst Natatorium. There is an open pool where people may dive off the one meter and the three meter diving boards, play with friends in the water.
While the staff wants everyone to have fun, the water does hold some danger so children under the age of 8 or less than 44 inches to the chin or who are unable to pass the swim test must be directly supervised in the water by a parent on a one-to-one basis.
- Sunday: 2:00pm - 3:00pm Only
- Monday-Thursday: 12:00 noon - 1:30pm Only
Lap swim is available during the hours listed below. Lap swim is for Adults and/or Swim Team members who are 15 years old and older. The number of lanes available vary, depending upon other programs taking place. Swimming is great exercise. The water provides even pressure against all parts of the body and does not stress the joints. For adult swimmers who might want a more organized work out, the Fog City Masters program provides such a structure.
Weekend Lap Hours
- Saturday: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Weekday Lap Hours
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday Morning: 7:00am – 8:30am,
- Monday through Thursday: 12:00 Noon – 1:30pm
Fees for Recreational and Lap Swim
- $6.00 / Swim
- $70 for 16 swims for adults (Red Card - no expiration date)
- $60 for 16 swims for students and seniors (Yellow Card - no expiration date)
- Fog City Hammerheads - The Hammerhead Youth Swim Club (age group 8 - 18 years old) emphasizes stroke development, endurance training and preparation for the young swimmer.
- Fog City Masters - The adult swim program invites all levels of swimmers (must be at least 19 years old).Masters Practice Schedule:M-W-F Mornings: 5:30am - 7:00amSunday morning: 7:15am - 8:30amPrice: $10 drop in fee. $55 per Month
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
Click here for directions
Diane Davis, Aquatic Director