Arrupe Program and Financial Assistance Discounts for 2016-17
SI has some exciting discounts available for families receiving financial aid. We want to be sure you know about all of them.
First, we want you to know about Arrupe Program eligibility: An Arrupe student is considered to be anyone who receives $10,500 or more in tuition assistance or whose families receives $15,000 or more in tuition assistance. About 190 students qualify for this program.
An additional 135 students receive tuition assistance but not enough to qualify for the Arrupe Program. These students still receive significant discounts.
Discounts for 2016-17
- Textbooks: Arrupe students are eligible to participate in the Magis and Arrupe Program Textbook Exchange, which allow students to use available textbooks during the academic year. (These must be returned.) If a textbook is not available, then your student will have to purchase the book from our regular bookstore.
The Library will be open for the textbook exchange program on August 13th (11am-1pm), August 17th (11am-5pm) and August 18th (10am-2pm)
Incoming freshmen who are part of the Arrupe/Magis programs are invited to attend the Library Textbook Exchange program on August 13th from 11am-1pm exclusively. It is a time to meet your classmates and families. Lunch will be provided in the Student Center and a brief program overview will start at 11:00. No RSVP is needed.
- Freedom Pay Card: Arrupe Program students receive a Freedom Pay card from the Tuition Assistance Manager in August and January, each worth $200.
- SAT Prep: Half cost for Arrupe students; all other financial aid recipients receive a discounted fee commiserate with their percentage of financial assistance.
- Academic Classes with Required Fees: No cost for Arrupe students; all other financial aid recipients receive a discount commensurate with the financial aid percentage they receive.
- Athletics: Credits for all students receiving financial aid
$10,500 or more in tuition assistance = $100
$10,499- $5001 in tuition assistance = $75
$5,000 or less in tuition assistance = $50
- Travel for sports, classes or performing arts: Arrupe students will receive their percentage of assistance off of the total cost. All other students on assistance receive half of their percentage of assistance off of the total cost. For example: 50% assistance = 25% assistance off of the bill. A trip costing $200 for a family receiving $10,000 in aid (about 50% of assistance) will pay only $100 for that trip.
- Athletic & Performing Arts Banquets: All students who receive more than $15,000 in tuition assistance will receive complimentary tickets for one student and one parent to attend.
- Senior portraits: All Arrupe students receive a complimentary sitting fee waiver, good towards the purchase of their photos. The fee waiver is provided by Life Touch Photography.
- Proms: Arrupe students are given half off the price of their ticket.
- College Counseling: Arrupe students can send four scores from SAT and ACT to colleges at no cost. Fee waivers for students on significant assistance are determined by national financial eligibility rules. Reduced fees for AP exam registration are also available.
- Summer School: Incoming freshmen who are part of the Arrupe Program in the fall receive a discount on classes and camps (including Cat Camp) based on the percentage of aid received. All other students requesting financial assistance must apply to the Summer School Program to receive a discount.
- CYO Bus Transportation to and from SI: Arrupe students will receive a discount of half of the percentage of their financial assistance to defray the cost of the bus.
- Technology: Discounts have already been provided to current Arrupe students towards iPads. We are in process of determining future discounts for the next academic year.
- Community Service and Campus Ministry: These activities have their own financial assistance policies. Check with the staff for information when you receive notice of payment due.
- Work Study Program: All sophomores who received assistance last year or who are currently receiving financial assistance will contribute service to the SI community. Students have been notified of this and must check in with Theresa Bayze before Sept. 1.
I hope SI can continue to provide all of our families with needed support throughout the year as well as an education that lasts a lifetime. Please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or at 415-731-7500 ext. 5449 with any questions. Also, I ask that you encourage your son/daughter to drop by my office in room 106 to meet me at their earliest convenience. I am here to help and answer any questions that they might have as they begin this next journey with us as SI Wildcats!
Financial Assistance Program Manager