Magis works with students who will be among the first members of their family to attend college, students from lower income communities and students whose backgrounds have traditionally been under-represented at St. Ignatius (SI).
To apply for Summer 2015 click here!
- The middle school component of the program serves to prepare target middle school students for a college preparatory high school (preferably SI).
- For our high school students, we provide socio-cultural support.
The Magis Program strives to provide comprehensive academic, social and cultural support for both middle school and high school students from under-represented backgrounds, including students who will be the first in their family to go to college, low-income and/or students traditionally under-represented in higher education.
Magis High School Support Programs provide affirmation and awareness collectively through the following programs:
- Safe Space fostering community and difference
- Magis Group: support group that allows students to share and learn from each other
- Magis Mentorship Program
- Magis Movie Days discussing issues of identity
- Supplemental college application assistance
- Magis college visit is to area colleges and universities
- Middle school tutoring and mentorship opportunities
The Middle School Enrichment Program is an academic enrichment program for motivated middle school students who are one or all of the following: first-generation college-bound, low-income and traditionally underrepresented at college preparatory schools. Magis provides a challenging and supportive environment to teach students the skills they will need to succeed in a college preparatory high school and to inspire them to prepare for high school and beyond. Students attend an annual summer academy, monthly winter phase meetings, and weekly homework centers. Eighth grade students receive high school counseling and assistance throughout the application process for college preparatory high schools. Click here for more information about the Middle School Enrichment Program.