- When SI counselor Brice Campoverdi came to SI from Archbishop Mitty High School in 2007, she brought with her Relay for Life, the American Cancer Society’s signature fund-raiser.
- She also brought a history of serving as a caregiver for a colleague who survived a brain tumor. She also carries the memory of two aunts, one who had recently fallen victim to leukemia.
- Campoverdi had been an organizer for Mitty’s Relay for Life, which asks those affected by cancer, either as patients, survivors or family members, to walk around a track in shifts for 24 hours and raise funds from sponsors.
- When another friend of Campoverdi, a woman who worked at the American Cancer Society, heard that Brice would soon be working at SI, she encouraged her to start Relay for Life here.
- “My friend had read about SI’s Locks for Love in Genesis and encouraged me to connect with Donna Murphy, head of the Cancer Awareness Club here,” said Campoverdi.
- Click here for more …
- Wounded. Healers.
- Lauren Kutzscher hopes to go global as a doctor after beating cancer.
- Sarah Bedford and her family's foundation fight Lyme disease.
- Helping America's heroes heal.
- Ryan McQuaid's PlushCare may end the long wait to see your doctor.
- Julie Olsen seeks healing through art.
- Three classmates find their lives connected by cancer.
- Ben Leong mixes cooking and nutrition with medicine for innovative class.
- Remembering the Jesuit Martyrs.
- Getting an education before the start of college.
- Learning from shopping malls how to help a shantytown.
- Ryan Kushner touches the sky to help those on the ground.
- Finding the good news on the Internet.
- Fighting the Big C one step at a time.
- On April 10, the halls of SI were buzzing with the word “hero” to describe the quick actions of Tony Barbero ’15, who, while surfing off Ocean Beach that previous evening, saved the lives of two people. … Click here to read more.
- Rita Moreno shares her story of perseverance at SI's Latin@ Summit.
- Jacqueline Monetta ’14 bridges Catholic, Jewish and Muslim divides.
- Piano recital is one of SI's best kept secrets.
- Iggies in Action club gives homeless children a pleasant night-night.
- Jack Bernabei strives to light the fire within through service.
- Students win for videos in White House & International Ocean Film Festival contests.
- Summer Programs at SI gear up for another season of fun in the Sunset.
- Dance Concert celebrates 20-year anniversary.
- Kevin Quattrin steps down as man behind the scenes.