Father Sauer Academy
The Fr. Sauer Academy seeks to prepare young women and men from underresourced communities to be successful at St. Ignatius College Preparatory, in higher education, and beyond. In partnership with families, the Academy will provide access to a Catholic, Jesuit education so that scholars may develop their gifts and talents in a loving community for the greater glory of God.
- The Academy is a full scholarship junior high school program that began in August 2017 with its first class of 6th graders.
- Students will take part in an extended school day and an 11-month school year
- Applications for 6th grade for the 2018-2019 school year are available. Stop by St. Ignatius to pick up and application and see the Academy or attend an upcoming Information Session. Applications can also be downloaded.
- Las solicitudes para sexto grado para el año escolar 2018-2019 están disponibles. Pase por St. Ignatius para recoger la solicitud y visitar la Academia o asistir a una próxima sesión informativa. Las aplicaciones también se pueden descargar.
- While applications from students of all faith backgrounds and denominations will be accepted, the best applicants will be industrious 5th grade Catholic boys and girls who live in San Francisco with demonstrated financial need attending public school.
- Applications are available for sixth grade for the 2018-2019 school year. The priority application deadline is March 1, 2018.
- The Academy will be funded separately from SI. In other words, we will not use SI tuition or financial aid designated for our high school students for the Fr. Sauer Academy.
- Once startup costs and annual operational expenses are funded, we will build the Fr. Sauer Academy Endowment to provide a sustainable revenue stream.