Father Sauer Academy
The Fr. Sauer Academy is a tuition-free middle school serving students of all faiths from low-income families. The Fr. Sauer Academy seeks to prepare young women and men to be successful at St. Ignatius College Preparatory, in higher education, and beyond. In partnership with families, the Fr. Sauer Academy will provide access to a Catholic, Jesuit education that helps students grow in love of learning and promotes an abiding sense of service and scholarship. The Fr. Sauer Academy’s academically challenging and supportive environment will help scholars develop their intellectual, spiritual, social and physical gifts and talents to ensure a vibrant future for the communities we serve.
- The Academy is a full scholarship junior high school program beginning August 2017 with its first class of 6th graders.
- Students will take part in an extended school day and an 11-month school year
The application deadline for the 2017-2018 school year for the Fr. Sauer Academy 6th grade class is Wednesday, May 31.
La fecha límite para el año escolar 2017-2018 para el sexto grado de la Academia Padre Sauer es el miércoles, 31 de mayo.
- The application deadline for the 2017-2018 school year has passed. Please visit the site again in November 2017 to download an application for the 6th grade for the 2018-2019 school year.
While applications from students of all faith backgrounds and denominations will be accepted, the best applicants will be industrious 5th grade Catholic boys and girls with demonstrated financial need attending public school.
- The Academy will be funded separately from SI. In other words, we will not use SI tuition or financial aid designated for our high school students for the Fr. Sauer Academy.
- Once startup costs and annual operational expenses are funded, we will build the Fr. Sauer Academy Endowment to provide a sustainable revenue stream.